Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2021 9:19:11 PM EDT
I have not trained with my body armor on yet, so I have a question about holsters with people that have.  Has anyone ran in to issues using a regular owb holster while wearing body armor? Something like the raven concealment style.  I am looking at a safariland mid ride holster. My carrier is a crye jpc 2. I don’t have anything on the side of the carrier that would interfere with a regular owb holster but then again I have never trained with the carrier on.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#1]
It'll work just fine.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:04:02 PM EDT
[#2]
This is what the UBL was designed for. You will be fine.

Edit: If you are using a raven concealment on a normal belt, you might have a little bit of rub depending how short your torso is. You will be fine. If its an issue, use the safariland UBL.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:16:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah just a blue alpha gear hybrid belt.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 10:18:52 PM EDT
[#4]
As long as you don't have anything on the cumberbund on that side, it shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:39:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I’m new to this game so take it for what it’s worth.

I really like the drop leg holster from alien gear for my 4inch 1911 when wearing my PC or just on a hike or something.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:01:57 AM EDT
[#6]
You stated you haven't trained with it yet. Once you start and get some muscle memory you'll be fine. If you don't like it then you'll end up getting something that works better for you. If you don't have anything on the side it shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 1:22:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have not trained with my body armor on yet, so I have a question about holsters with people that have.  Has anyone ran in to issues using a regular owb holster while wearing body armor? Something like the raven concealment style.  I am looking at a safariland mid ride holster. My carrier is a crye jpc 2. I don’t have anything on the side of the carrier that would interfere with a regular owb holster but then again I have never trained with the carrier on.
View Quote

Regular OWBs (I’m a Raven Conceaent fan and am in no means bashing their holsters, they’re great under usual circumstances) suck w armor unless you are notably tall. Guys who are about 6’2+ tend to have the room below their vest to make it work. Guys below 6’2(ish) tend to lose draw time trying to maneuver under the vest or snag slightly during their draw stroke.

Try a belt mount with a drop and offset. They’re your friend.

Also, keep your pistol side of your PC clear of everything. It should be slick.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top