Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2018 4:02:40 PM EDT
forgive me for doubting you . I ordered one when I saw they were $11 on Amazon and holy shit, it's almost a perfect utility blade. Clip in Kydex sheath, decent steel and edge, and at that price it's damn near disposable. really nice to not worry about messing up an expensive blade (no judgement, I own a fair number myself). I got it today since it was in a box of presents I had ordered for the wife. It's been used to cut open straps on kids toys, break down boxes, pry open battery boxes, and shit, I'm gonna go slice a lime for some drinks.

buy one. when they get to $10 again buy a dozen, keep them everywhere. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 4:17:26 PM EDT
[#1]
You're welcome! They are great knives.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 6:15:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Which one you get?  Token pic!?
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
They're pretty hard to argue.

I had a mighty magenta. I currently have an olive drab carbon steel blade in my car that I made quick spine jimping with a file and some mustard patina.

Link Posted: 12/28/2018 1:26:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought both the FireSteel SS knife and their carbon steel Companion.

I like orange and keep them in two BOB.

The only problem is that the carbon steel doesn't have a 90* edge on the spine, but that's really no bother.

Chris
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 4:10:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which one you get?  Token pic!?
View Quote
Sorry, been busy with a new baby Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/1/2019 1:27:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve got a carbon steel Mora in the kitchen with a nice patina.  
Stainless ones stashed in the truck and car and one in my light hiking bag.

Fun knife because of price, decent blade and I won’t cry if I lose it or break it.

Now I need to go cut up something, make a feather stick and start a fire!  ??
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 10:10:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I keep at least one in every vehicle...usually the robust model in carbon
Stainless in my fishing bags/boxes
And more just piled up waiting.

I’ve splurged once and got the little Eldris.  I like it for cutting twine off on round bales

Mustard patina

Wanted it darker

Link Posted: 2/10/2019 2:13:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I keep at least one in every vehicle...usually the robust model in carbon
Stainless in my fishing bags/boxes
And more just piled up waiting.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82036/719840EE-B325-464B-9D77-78A80A60F524-836220.jpg

I’ve splurged once and got the little Eldris.  I like it for cutting twine off on round bales

Mustard patina

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82036/IMG-1906-103130.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82036/IMG-1907-103132.JPG

Wanted it darker

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82036/IMG-1910-103141.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/82036/IMG-1912-103900.JPG
View Quote
Now use a mill file and make some ugly jimping on the spine and you can have the cousin to my car knife! I think it still has some dried mustard on the handle from when I patina'd it...
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 7:59:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I just picked up 2 for $20 today at the gun show.  They seem pretty decent for the price.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:03:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I have 4

2 Companions
1 Companion HD
1 Bushcrafter

I’d like the bushcrafter a lot more if it was $25-$30.

Game processing is now done with a Mora and a Havalon. I like nice knives, but I have lost a few in the woods cleaning game in the field. I can afford to lose a Mora and a Havalon.
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:11:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:15:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Have one in my hunting bag and one on my gun bench. They are a great value
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#13]
You're welcome.
They really are awesome knives for the price.

Here's a couple of the carbon Companions I have, regular and heavy duty.

Attachment Attached File

After I etched them in boiling vinegar.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Love Mora.

@Krashdog   do you still have the pics from your mora sheath mod thread?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Love-the-mora-knife-hate-the-sheath-Cut-it-up/4-482289/
View Quote
No, photo bucket lost ALL of my pics. 10 years worth of photos just poof. Gone

I’ll try to take a few more later
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#15]
What is this mustard/vinegar I'm reading about?
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:39:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
What is this mustard/vinegar I'm reading about?
View Quote
Soaking a carbon blade with acid forces a dark patina onto it, and this patina resists rust.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:44:35 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a Mora stainless in blaze orange,  and it's awesome as a lawn/ garden tool.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Ive got a couple myself.
I don’t think I’ve paid over $10 for any of them.
All mine are stainless, am I missing out not having the carbon steel?
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 3:45:33 PM EDT
[#19]
I forgot that I have a chisel too....one thing I luckly haven't forgot is that it is sharp on the side...
Link Posted: 2/12/2019 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#20]
A couple of years ago I got in on a promotional knife deal from a place called “Dan’s Depot”. They were offering a Mora style knife and all you had to do was pay for shipping, which was around $5.00. I don’t remember what the steel is, but it has been a great knife to leave in the glove box in my Polaris Ranger.

Recently I have gotten back into kayaking and I was looking for a knife to hook onto my vest. I ended up going with a Mora that has a cork handle, so it floats. It comes in the bright orange color, so you can see it easily if you lay it down or drop it.

I had $15.00 left over on a Bass Pro gift card I had gotten for Xmas, so I just picked up another Mora (A Pro S) to throw in my truck. I need to pick up a couple more so I can put on in my wife’s car and have one in the tool box on my tractor…

Link Posted: 2/13/2019 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A couple of years ago I got in on a promotional knife deal from a place called “Dan’s Depot”. They were offering a Mora style knife and all you had to do was pay for shipping, which was around $5.00. I don’t remember what the steel is, but it has been a great knife to leave in the glove box in my Polaris Ranger.

Recently I have gotten back into kayaking and I was looking for a knife to hook onto my vest. I ended up going with a Mora that has a cork handle, so it floats. It comes in the bright orange color, so you can see it easily if you lay it down or drop it.

I had $15.00 left over on a Bass Pro gift card I had gotten for Xmas, so I just picked up another Mora (A Pro S) to throw in my truck. I need to pick up a couple more so I can put on in my wife’s car and have one in the tool box on my tractor…

https://i.postimg.cc/SRrpv41M/25-D01855-5-BC2-49-C8-9235-7-AED6-B8-C2-B78.jpg
View Quote
Have you had the cork one around much salt water?  If so, how is it holding up?  It looks like I might need one for offshore kayak fishing.  I have a Spyderco Salt right now, but I really want a fixed blade.

A Mora is much cheaper than the new Spyderco WaterWay that I've been eyeing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:03:30 PM EDT
[#22]
is there a way to watch for when they drop on sale under like $10? I'll jump on a handful when that happens. Don't "need" more knives at current prices, but at the right price I'd replace everything.
Link Posted: 2/13/2019 2:05:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Have you had the cork one around much salt water?  If so, how is it holding up?  It looks like I might need one for offshore kayak fishing.  I have a Spyderco Salt right now, but I really want a fixed blade.

A Mora is much cheaper than the new Spyderco WaterWay that I've been eyeing.
View Quote
Not yet… I just got it a couple of weeks ago…
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:33:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They're pretty hard to argue.

I had a mighty magenta. I currently have an olive drab carbon steel blade in my car that I made quick spine jimping with a file and some mustard patina.

http://i68.tinypic.com/rwl9xz.jpg

http://i59.tinypic.com/2u8gw95.jpg
View Quote
nice blood draw.  A right of passage I think!
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:36:51 AM EDT
[#25]
I only have some of the older laminated carbon steel ones with the red painted wood handle and shitty black plastic sheath (leather tab and all).   I’ll have to look into some more modern models.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:50:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Ive got a couple myself.
I don’t think I’ve paid over $10 for any of them.
All mine are stainless, am I missing out not having the carbon steel?
View Quote
The carbon are so nice, a couple swipes on a diamond and skin another deer.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top