Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2018 6:15:26 AM EDT
Anyways, long story short... my buddy gave me his benjimin maurader to look at saying it was jammed and now wouldn't fire. I stuck a cleaning rod down the barrel and knocked out the jammed pellet. Now the issue is the gun won't fire.

I'm not too familiar with airguns, so I don't know where to start. When you cock the bolt back, you get about halfway and then there is spring resistance, and then you pull all the way back, but there is no point where it catches on anything where you have to manually slide the bolt back forward. It just kinda springs forward by itself fromt he spring like a handgun slide. Then when you go to pull the trigger to fire, the trigger is just mushy, no click or puff of air or anything. It's like the gun is not cocked.

Any ideas where to start? He just ordered the de-gassing tool and let the air out of the tank. I havn't taken it apart yet, just wanted some input before I do.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the hammer is not catching the sear. Did your buddy adjust the trigger? It's possible to make trigger adjustments that will cause this issue. Even if he didn't make adjustments, the screws can self adjust. I use a dab of blue loc tite on the 3 screws. Make my adjustments, let it set up over night.

Also, Mrods have been know to break the sear. Usually happens when reassembled incorrectly but can be just a bad sear.

Could also be a broken sear spring.

Jump on YouTube, few videos on the Mrod trigger. To work on JUST the trigger, degassing isn't necessary. How ever, when in doubt, degass..
This may help.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 2:59:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response. I may take a look at the trigger when I get a chance. But he's only had it for a month and hasn't made any adjustments. It worked fine when I took it out and helped him sight it in. I think I may just tell him to check with Benjimin about the warranty since he just got it instead of messing with it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2018 7:12:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the response. I may take a look at the trigger when I get a chance. But he's only had it for a month and hasn't made any adjustments. It worked fine when I took it out and helped him sight it in. I think I may just tell him to check with Benjimin about the warranty since he just got it instead of messing with it.
View Quote
Yep, let crosman handle it. If you open it up, warranty is void. Crosman is pretty good, should send a shipping label to since its only a month old.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 7:53:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Update: He sent it in and got it back. Looks like they replaced the trigger assembly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top