Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2018 10:12:51 AM EDT
I just got in my Wilcox G24 in for my PVS-14 and now i need help on either getting a wilcox J-arm or norotos dovetail….. HELP!!

TNVC has the norotos for $142.. anywhere cheaper?
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I like my Wilcox j-arm just fine (I got the one with switch).
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#2]
If you want a mount without the up and down slop go with the newest version of the Norotos dual dovetail mount. Switching from  the left eye to your right is quickly is almost never needed.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#3]
If y’all dont mind me butting in, I have a Pvs-14 from work I use hand held a lot and recently got a helmet to use at work and hunting if I can get more opportunities. I got a wilcox g11 mount and was wondering about the cheap jarm and different options. I have researched it but haven’t found anything solid and most info is 3years old. The Norotos seems like a good option, I don’t have anywhere close by to see different options in person, if anyone has the time to explain to good options to mount the Pvs 14 to Wilcox g11 I would appreciate it. Being able to adjust left or right eye is a must but it doesn’t have to be done quickly. If a tool and 5min is needed I’m fine with that. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Go for the norotos dual dovetail, it’s about as solid as they come with a g24. If you don’t have any requirement to switch eyes then just take the second dovetail off and save some weight.

As to getting solid lock up on a g11 with a cheap j arm. That is hit or miss. It’s a numbers game to find good fit with cheap j arms. Being able to switch eyes with cheap j arm is going to bring with it a wiggle and movement. Even after finding a good j arm to work solid with my 14 and g11 mount I ended up dumping it in the end. I kept breaking them or they got more sloppy over time.

I switch to a g24 and norotos dual dovetail in the end and was worth the investment. If I didn’t have goggles and was only using the 14 I would of went with a norotos invg and dual dovetail mount but the g24 is better for goggles I think.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Will the Norotos work with a g11?
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will the Norotos work with a g11?
View Quote
Not the norotos is a dovetail and the g11 is a bayonet style lug. There are ways around but at that point you’re better off buying a g24 Mount or the INVG Mount and using dovetail j arms or the norotos arm. I understand if it doesn’t fit your plan or budget but there is no easy solution for cheap bayonet style j arms that I’ve been able to find but there are smarter people than me on here.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I learned something thank you. I didn’t know one was a bayonet lug and one a dovetail. I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you for your time.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I learned something thank you. I didn’t know one was a bayonet lug and one a dovetail. I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you for your time.
View Quote
The cheapest and most economical way is to sell your G11 (I may be interested), buy a Rhino II on ebay 50.00 and swap out the socket for a Norotos PVS15/18 dovetail interface from TNVC 59.00.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just got in my Wilcox G24 in for my PVS-14 and now i need help on either getting a wilcox J-arm or norotos dovetail….. HELP!!

TNVC has the norotos for $142.. anywhere cheaper?
View Quote
That's a great price for an online store and TNVC is top notch for customer service.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I just ordered the g11 I’m gonna try and call to change it to the g24 I suppose. I got a polymer helmet instead of carbon so the money I saved can go towards a good mount system. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#11]
The INVG mount might be a better solution if you only plan to use it with a monocular.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top