Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2018 1:38:36 AM EDT
what yall do for your gun projects as far as organizations goes?

i dont wanna buy under bed storage boxes, too wide and too long, im thinking like 28"x6-8" wide is about ideal, buy prob 6-8 tall.

i have about 3 to 9 (jillion) projects going, and garage and whatnot is a mess, what yall like to do?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 10:33:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't found anything that works yet either. I might build some wooden boxes that are about those specs from 1/4" plywood. Should be light enough and strong enough for those purposes.
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 5:50:25 PM EDT
[#2]
ya, i pondered that as well, buuuuut then i doing lotta work.

i think i just gonna go cardboard... not ideal, but price is right

http://www.shippingsupply.com/p-784-30-x-6-x-6-long-corrugated-boxes.aspx

but actually, need about 8" in a direction to account for the pistol grip on any given pistol gripped weapon...

so maybe 30x8x3?
Link Posted: 10/17/2018 8:01:03 PM EDT
[#3]
From your link

Firearms Evidence Boxes
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Those cheap plastic planters from Walmart or wherever you choose.  You can get them about 6x6 and fairly long lengths.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Try a different approach.
Dont have so many projects going at once.
Thats when parts get lost and mix ups happen.
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:31:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try a different approach.
Dont have so many projects going at once.
Thats when parts get lost and mix ups happen.
View Quote

You gotta keep multiple projects to keep you occupied if you've got a short attention span...
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I find projects get put on hold for many reasons.  Some may pick back up and get put back on hold again many times over.  Others never had momentum to start with, but sit patiently waiting for their time.  Seriously, I have projects that have been waiting nearly 2/3's of my lifetime.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 10:50:44 AM EDT
[#8]
A LGS shut down due to the owner getting tired of running the shop and his kids wouldn't take it over.  My friend gets a phone call from them, saying they can't get a hold of his father.  He explains his father passed away a couple years back, and he was notified they found 8 rifles that were being worked on for his father.  Some appeared to be work in progress, while the majority hadn't been touched.  He thought he knew of every firearm his father owned, and some of these might've been dropped off 15-20 years earlier.  I'm kind of wondering if his father forgot he had dropped them off?
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 11:49:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Granted, my projects are likely smaller in numbers and size (mostly pistol) at this time, but I'm using Hefty Hi-Rise type containers and use a label maker to label the contents of each.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 12:31:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Black body, yellow lid containers. Plastic, made in the USA, available at big box stores. I use both the "small" 10gal? size and the full size.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 7:07:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://media.giphy.com/media/ac7MA7r5IMYda/giphy.gif

You gotta keep multiple projects to keep you occupied if you've got a short attention span...
View Quote
hhahahah exaaaaaaactly! finally someone who understands me!

some folks keep perfectly clean shop, all neat and tidy, and others just have chaos....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top