Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2018 7:56:46 PM EDT
what's everyone favorite set up for a remington 870? I filed to turn my first gun (870 express magnum with 28" bird barrel from a decade ago) into an SBS but I'm wondering what the new hotness is for these things. I was leaning towards the magpul set since I tried the forend on a tac-14 and love the 10/22 stock I have from them.

looking for shorter LOP since it will be a shorter gun overall.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]
mesa tactical leo adapter, with magpul grip and stock of your choice.

Mesa Tactical
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 10:30:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Went with Magpul on my Hawk 982. It uses 870 furniture. Debating on a Mesa adapter. Tbh I'm not sure
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I went with a  Speedfeed 1V-S. Slightly shorter LOP  makes it easier to do corners.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 11:44:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Does it have wood on it now? I'd leave that and just shorten it and fit a new recoil pad. To each his own, but you asked and that's what I like. To me a 870 with wood furniture and a short ("sawed off") vent rib barrel is about the sexiest gun I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does it have wood on it now? I'd leave that and just shorten it and fit a new recoil pad. To each his own, but you asked and that's what I like. To me a 870 with wood furniture and a short ("sawed off") vent rib barrel is about the sexiest gun I've ever seen.
View Quote
I’ll second that. ^^^
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I’ll second that. ^^^
View Quote
Thirded
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Pics of sexiness

Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#9]
um, the gun is not the attractive part of that first picture

but I have a really nice set up high end wood, not looking to cut it. I had a cheap stock set but carved that into a pistol grip when I wanted to see if I liked the idea of a shockwave. and I was bored.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:33:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I would go with a wood stock either way, Express or Police.

Keep in mind that if you use an Express forend that there will be interference with a side saddle shell carrier and that it will cover the bottom loading port when the action is open. It's for that reason that I either shorten Express forends or get a Police forend.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm a non-traditionalist.

Which makes my "good" stock set for an 870 SBS a Mesa Tactica Urbino stock and a Tac Star vertical forward grip.

The Mesa Urbino is about the most comfortable shotgun stock I've ever used (I have one on my M4 SBS as well) and the Tac Star vert forend, while a distinct combination of corny, cheap, and cheesy, gives me a solid grip on the pump and I can really cycle this thing like a man possessed with no real fear of my hand slipping on the forend. Everyone who has shot this thing in this setup has loved it, despite its total "gun mullet" appearance.
Link Posted: 11/9/2018 9:40:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
mesa tactical leo adapter, with magpul grip and stock of your choice.

Mesa Tactical
View Quote
First Post & SO Close....

Mesa Tactical stock is Right.  But match the Hogue rubber grip with a matching Hogue rubber forearm.

Also, the Mesa Tactical Shock Absorbing Buffer Kit for the stock kit works like Magic to take the pain out of stout loads...

The Mesa Tactical Stock is great because you can vary the length of pull for different sized shooters or to reduce size for storage or use in - from a vehicle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top