Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2018 11:21:27 PM EDT
I grew up shooting bbs in my basement and backyar and  j need that wuality time and familiarization time with my boys now as well.  And finally  umarex now has a Glock 19 BB gun (and airsoft option).

I wish it was gen5 but beggers can't be choosers.

If anyone has it, how is it?
And if no one here has it yet, I'll report back with an AAR after receipt.

My 7yo has displayed enough aptitude with a daisy bb rifle to graduate to a bb pistol, and my 5yo (and the 7yo) is well behaved and experienced in safety rules and firing range behavior since we started backyard archery last year.

I can't believe how expensive quality bb pistol have become.  Maybe theyve been market repositioned in reaction to how cheap the airsoft clones are on the low end.

When I was a teenager I got  4506 and k frame bb clones for under 40$ at Kmart and aporta authority iirc.  The crossman revolvers (that look real like) are now 70$ at Walmart????  Makes the sportsman's guide 60$ for the Glock seem like a good price.

Anyhow, can't wait to report back.  May skip the pellet gun and go straight to 22 after this when the oldest turns nine or ten.

So if anyone had the umarex Glock, chime in.  If not, stay tuned.

ETA: sorry for the typos my phone won't let me fix them!
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 11:40:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd love to know more.

I know of at least two. One was mil/leo only, then I saw another company making one, 17/19 but I forget which gen.

Tagged to know more.

Edit - I forgot, raf doesn't allow airsoft in here. When he kicks this, post in GD or somewhere, I'd like to see the thing
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm only interested in the bb version.

I'm totally turned off by airsoft.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 1:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't order it yet.  Turns out the trigger guard is a bit wide for most Glock 19 holsters.

Kinda dampens my enthusiasm.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 10:02:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one of these.
I got mine free .  I was at a guy's house, who has gotten into buying these various BB guns; I shot his and was impressed with it, and he gave me one.

It looks almost identical to a "real" Glock 19.
The slide doesn't run, it is fixed in place. Therefore the slide lock also is just for looks.
There is a crossbolt type safety on the trigger.
Other than that, you would have to examine it pretty close to tell that it isn't a "real" Glock 19.

Mine shoots pretty good at 10 yards or so. Probably close to about as good as I can shoot a handgun.
I didn't have any kind of hangups (malfunctions).
The trigger of course leaves a lot to be desired. Glocks typically don't have the best triggers and this one is worse.

But, all in all, I think it is a fun backyard plinker.
I don't really know about it's fitting in a holster: I never tried to holster mine and besides, I use Milt Sparks leather holsters for my carry guns, so I am sure it would fit fine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 12:55:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm only interested in the bb version.

I'm totally turned off by airsoft.
View Quote
The bb version doesn’t cycle like a real firearm (blowback) and the mags are little stick mags because the grip houses a Co2 caplet behind the mag well.

What’s wrong with airsoft? The FPS between the two is similar (320-400 FPS) the 6mm airsoft bb’s make visible holes snd the green gas guns cycle like a real firearm. The trigger is lighter but the break and reset is very similar.  The mags are similar in size and weight to fully loaded mags. Propane can be substituted for green gas as long as you add a little silicone occasionally, which is cheap compared to Co2.  I practice with a WE Glock 19 in my garage on scaled down silhouette targets. Umarex also has plans to release several generations of the airsoft versions. Mine fits my IWB rig too. A little tight but that just increases draw resistance a little. More and more instructors are finding value in airsoft as the realism levels increase. I just saw a Travis Haley video on training with airsoft counterparts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top