Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2021 8:25:01 AM EDT
So I completed an eForm for an SBR as an individual on Friday. I downloaded a draft copy to review before paying and hitting submit. Everything looked good so I pay and hit submit, got the email from the ATF and never opened the file with the application until this morning. When I did, questions 11 through 14 are blank, including the picture for box 12. I logged into eForms and can see in the electronic file section my pic is listed. But then I noticed there was no line with my info on the "responsible person" page, just blank. Also, all of the questions for 11a through h are blank in eForms. Like I said, I have a draft with all of this completed so I know these were answered before hitting submit. Plus the system now says my application is not complete on the certification page and asks me to complete sections 11 and 13. I don't think I could have continued with payment and submitting if these weren't filled out Friday.

So all of this to ask, anyone had this issue before? And what was the result? I used the contact an expert link and explained all of the above. I also gave the answers again in the email hoping the agent can just add the info to the application. The lack of the responsible person info is concerning since that has my social and birth info needed for the background check.

Link Posted: 3/29/2021 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#1]
This happens to me all time when their system is close to crashing.  Save the application in a draft state and open it again at a later time.  If it is missing, that means their system failed to record your replies or an upload failed.  It is very frustrating, but it is what it is.  Just come back later.

Link Posted: 3/31/2021 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#2]
No response from the "expert". I guess they will just deny it eventually and refund my payment.

Does anyone know, can I ask for it to be cancelled? I can't resubmit until they cancel this application. Otherwise I would have two apps with the same serial number.

Sucks I have to redo the fingerprints too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 5:25:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a similar issue with a eform 1 back in Jan. I triple checked everything to make sure all fields were filled out and all pictures were uploaded. I was able to pay and submit. After sunmitting I got the registration email and when I opened the PDF I noticed it deleted all my makers info, the CLEO question answers and photo. I emailed 'ask the experts' right away but I got a dissapproval at 30 days and then a response for the 'experts' 10 days after that After I noticed all the missing info I just resubmitted a couple days later and this time it went through without issue and was approved in 36 days.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had a similar issue with a eform 1 back in Jan. I triple checked everything to make sure all fields were filled out and all pictures were uploaded. I was able to pay and submit. After sunmitting I got the registration email and when I opened the PDF I noticed it deleted all my makers info, the CLEO question answers and photo. I emailed 'ask the experts' right away but I got a dissapproval at 30 days and then a response for the 'experts' 10 days after that After I noticed all the missing info I just resubmitted a couple days later and this time it went through without issue and was approved in 36 days.
View Quote

Cool, so you resubmitted with the same rifle before the first application was denied? I could easily do that. Just need more fingerprint cards.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Cool, so you resubmitted with the same rifle before the first application was denied? I could easily do that. Just need more fingerprint cards.
View Quote

Yes, after I saw all that info deleted I resubmitted the same firearm. Basically the 'Experts' will say to refile with corrections and you will get a refund. They can no longer edit or make corrections to submitted forms like they did previously.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:05:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, after I saw all that info deleted I resubmitted the same firearm. Basically the 'Experts' will say to refile with corrections and you will get a refund. They can no longer edit or make corrections to submitted forms like they did previously.
View Quote

Awesome. Thanks. I know what I am doing on my next day off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top