Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2018 7:04:40 PM EDT
I have a 10/22 take down that live in my truck and gets some use like every time I'm at the range. For some reason I really like the idea of the backpacker stock. do I need this addition to my rifle? I haven't seen a lot on them since the release a while back.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 7:12:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I like tj2e ideal of mag storage. But a converted nylon rifle stock ammo holder works well for me at under 10bucks.

Flip it inside out and rip the threads for 3 shell loops.  9round butt cuff will hold 3 mags.

And its cool it all clicks together. But not 100dollar cool.
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 9:16:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm going to be picking up my factory 10/22 in the magpul stock. I was never really a 10/22 fan but this thing feels awesome.
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:01:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a 10/22 take down that live in my truck and gets some use like every time I'm at the range. For some reason I really like the idea of the backpacker stock. do I need this addition to my rifle? I haven't seen a lot on them since the release a while back.
View Quote
I built my takedown when they first came out with a Thompson machine integrally suppressed barrel, Leupold 2x7 scope. I love it but it is not what I thought the takedown should be. I just received my backpacker stock yesterday. I also got the optic mount and a fastfire 3. The optic on the barrel should make zero totally repeatable and ditching the large bag should make it easier to haul around. I will let you know when I get it together but it looks like the answer for me.

Before picture.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2018 8:00:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I built my takedown when they first came out with a Thompson machine integrally suppressed barrel, Leupold 2x7 scope. I love it but it is not what I thought the takedown should be. I just received my backpacker stock yesterday. I also got the optic mount and a fastfire 3. The optic on the barrel should make zero totally repeatable and ditching the large bag should make it easier to haul around. I will let you know when I get it together but it looks like the answer for me.

Before picture.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/296019/2018-04-04_17-505210.JPG
View Quote
can I get some details on the barrel? I have been thinking an integral might be amazing, but haven't pulled the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 1:54:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is a Thompson Machine integral. It is stainless steel with an aluminum monocore baffle stack. It starts with a green mountain barrel blank I believe and it is ported so you can run high velocity ammo and it makes it sub sonic. I have been very happy with it and it was my first silencer purchase 4 or 5 years ago. Within a couple days I purchased another 22 can and many more since. Now there are lot's of choices, Gemtech mist seems popular. I don't know the price breakdowns now but the Thompson is a solid product and nice people behind it.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 10:32:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok, I got it together and I am impressed. Feels really nice, looks very nice and the utility is great. The fastfire 3 is perfect on it. After pics.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#8]
They are great, amazingly well thought out. The storage in the grip is handy for a spare battery and a bone snake. I'm waiting on a gemtech mist.

compared to an ar7

Attachment Attached File
ared to
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#9]
When I filed to SBR a Ruger Charger Takedown in 2015 just before 41F I had no idea which stock I was going to use.

The Magpul Backpacker X-22 and red dot mount came out just in time. I like the stock and mount a lot. The only negative is the cost of Magpul sling adaptors.

Red dot is a heavily used JPoint, but works well in this role.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top