Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2022 10:55:52 AM EDT
I am at the frame out stage of a new home and just want the alarm company to wire with cat 5a or cat 6. I want to use my own cameras. could someone here tell me approx. what a 'fair' price per drop is for this/ Thanks
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 3:05:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't remember how much I paid to have > 2000ft of cat6 ran when I had my house built b/c it was all tied in with the electricians fees for everything. That being said, if your house is just at the framing stage it would be super easy just to do it yourself if you don't want to pay a penny in labor to have it ran.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]
$50-$100 depending wire type, length, and any other stuff like putting on modular ends or not.

Whatever you do make sure the cat cable is solid copper core and not clad

And pull extra if possible, any location that has 1 pull 2
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#3]
And if you're doing it all now from scratch, there's no point in running CAT5E.  Run at least CAT6 or CAT6A.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top