Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2021 2:32:02 PM EDT
the PVS-27 topic got me thinking.

For a hog hunting weapon, what would you prefer:

dedicated NV scope or a clip on? why?

(I already have a Reap-IR so that base is covered)

I am realizing the limitations of IR at longer ranges
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 4:28:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Reap-IR is about the best there is for a pig rifle.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reap-IR is about the best there is for a pig rifle.
View Quote

yes but in my experience, under certain atmospheric conditions, IR image starts to lose resolution/contrast.

it is pretty sweet in cooler/drier weather
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:34:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Dedicated FTW, and that is coming from someone who loves clip-ons.  Less weight and better balance.  If shooting strictly supported in a static situation, then it would be a wash, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dedicated FTW, and that is coming from someone who loves clip-ons.  Less weight and better balance.  If shooting strictly supported in a static situation, then it would be a wash, IMO.
View Quote

I agree.  An upper end clip-on will get you more when it comes to distance but like fordkickass said it comes at the cost of weight and bulk. Nothing beats dedicated for the simplicity and I have had a KAC PVS-26, TNVC WASP and L# PVS-24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top