Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2018 7:22:01 AM EDT
I took my 10/22 takedown to the range the other day just to mess around. I have 4 of the Ruger BX 25 round mags that have worked well in the past, but all of a sudden I'm getting a lot of nose dives where the bullet won't pop up out of the mag as the bolt goes forward.

It looks like rounds are angled more straight than slightly popped up as they do in the 10 rounder that came with the gun. Some rounds were hard to strip out even with a screw driver, and then a few would pop out no problems.

any suggestions on what to look for or mess with to try and fix that? Using meh ammo but even still I expected stuff to work manually.
Link Posted: 2/4/2018 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#1]
10/22 mags will get a fair amount of crud blasted into them (hey-its blow back).

Take a can of spray silicone and flush the heck out of them. I am thinking the BX mags come apart like the regular 10 rounders but spraying them down is way easier.

Never use a oil (like wd 40) . the mag will work better for a short time but then will turn to a nasty paste and never work right untill you clean it all out
Link Posted: 2/5/2018 12:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
After cleaning, Remington Dry Lube can help.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Dirty mags would be my guess. Incompatible ammo would be my second guess.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463407

this fixed mine that were doing the same thing. my mags get pretty filthy from shooting with a can too
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 11:16:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Round nose or HP?

Clean it for sure but I have a few that just HATE HPs of any brand.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top