Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2018 10:14:51 PM EDT
Soni am looking at picking up a bridge mount for my 2 pvs14s. I also have a q14 I runs so a mum dovetail mount is necessary.

3 apparent options: Asgard, RQE, and Wilcox

The Wilcox looks nice and all their gear seems to work well.

The RQE seems to have everyone raving.

Does anyone have experience with the asgard mount?
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 11:34:16 PM EDT
[#2]
My unsolicited vote is for the RQE bridge.
Additionally RQE’s obverse shoe will allow you to adjust the 14 fore/aft to match both your optics.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 2:59:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I have Wilcox but I hear RQE is really nice, but harder to obtain.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The lightweight version of this. $350. Solid as a rock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I have the lightweight version of this and it has been gtg so far. I’m still able to have enough adjustment to get the tubes aligned nicely like a pair of binoculars.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 7:58:36 AM EDT
[#6]
The the Mod Armory bridge looks good too. So, now four options.....hmmm
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#7]
After thinking about it I will go with either the Mod Armory or Asgard, this is a secondary unit and I don't hate my money.

Now just to make up my mind.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
After thinking about it I will go with either the Mod Armory or Asgard, this is a secondary unit and I don't hate my money.

Now just to make up my mind.
View Quote
Given the wrong placement of the Flir rails you sure Asgard will work good? I don't know much about either, but got the impression from ModArmory IG post that it was supposed to work better. Dunno if you can live with the image being sideways in your thermal but then at least Asgard should work too - using the side rails (like with any other MUM-style system) instead of the one on top / bottom.

Edit: actually given the 45deg angle of the Asgard rail system you are going to have it tilted anyway, so guess it doesn't matter if it's 45deg off in one direction or the other.. So guess it SHOULD work if the side rails at least are placed like they are in other Flir products and MUM and the rest of the MUM style systems.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 12:24:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for pointing out the 45 degree issue. Make a the choice simple.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks for pointing out the 45 degree issue. Make a the choice simple.

Thanks for the help everyone.
View Quote
Please do a review of the mod armory with the breach(q14)when you get it I don’t have a bridge yet but this is the way I’m leaning.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Will do, I have a q14 and my buddy has a breach. I will probably order it today.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 10:04:19 PM EDT
[#12]
If you're not attached to the idea of being able to swivel the units up independent of each other, which is how the mod armory bridge works, I would go with the Wilcox or more preferably the RQE bridge. I've run all three of the bridges to accomplish exactly what you're trying to do but I was using an MTM.

The RQE is by far the best for exactly what @MrPlayer said above, the adjustment to set the distance from your eye on each monocular is built right into the bridge. And it also has very intuitive IPD adjustment which helps level out the window on the thermal so your not looking at a canted screen as you would have on the mod armory bridge. The mod armory bridge had no IPD adjustment, it achieves this simply by the swiveling nature of the dovetail mounts on the bridge itself. I have also done this with the Wilcox bridge with the use of a custom machined dovetail for the MTM (the helmet mounts for these are hard to find and expensive) to match the distance from my eye to be the same as the PVS-14 on the opposite eye.

Obviously the RQE costs more than the double than the mod armory bridge but you will be glad you went that route if you so choose to do so, you absolutely get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 10:23:37 PM EDT
[#13]
I have an Asgard defense bridge for a dual mum setup. It fills its roll ok, but it’s not perfect. It might be  because it’s just seen some use (I got it secondhand, or thirdhand....or maybe fourth...?) but the mechanism that the rail interface clips ride on is kind of wobbly. It’s a two piece rail design that uses a smooth rail along side a piece of all thread to achieve IP adjustment but the small size of the mechanism lends itself to feeling kind of fragile. One side is looser than the other but there is play in the monoculars when they’re mounted in the bridge. It generally doesn’t interfere terribly with functionality and becomes almost unnoticed if I hook up my bungees from my helmet. The IP adjustments are pretty useful and work well enough. There’s no swivel feature on mine either which doesn’t bug me. All in all I’m happy with it because it got me into the dual tube NV game for a really reasonable price but I’d be a bit dissatisfied if I would have plunked down like $500 or something similar for the bridge.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 11:00:37 PM EDT
[#14]
How are you liking the mod armory bridge?
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How are you liking the mod armory bridge?
View Quote
I just got the light weight version by mistake (I ordered the removable arms) and it's a very well made bridge. The 2 improvement that should be made is a captured wing nut that secures the 14 to the arm and a place to add a retention lanyard to the mount body.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I just got the light weight version by mistake (I ordered the removable arms) and it's a very well made bridge. The 2 improvement that should be made is a captured wing nut that secures the 14 to the arm and a place to add a retention lanyard to the mount body.
View Quote
I was told from mod armory the bridge arm doesn’t work correctly with the light weight version FYI
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 12:05:52 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I was told from mod armory the bridge arm doesn’t work correctly with the light weight version FYI
View Quote
Interesting, what did they say was wrong with it? They still sell them on their sight.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 7:28:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Interesting, what did they say was wrong with it? They still sell them on their sight.
View Quote
I think they said the eye relief
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 7:37:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I think they said the eye relief
View Quote
Hmmm, IIRC eye relief is mostly limited by the forward movement of the swing arm and I guess you can consider the offset of the bridge mount to swing arm, but since theirs is set in the middle I can't see it being an issue. Maybe it was interpupillary distance your referring to? I know there was a few revisions done to the mount since it was introduced, so I'm not sure if it still may be an issue. For me the IP distance is perfect with room to spare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top