Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 4/8/2022 3:19:40 PM EDT
I came into a Stansport Para Multi-Tool with Paracord Handle and I'm curious about the blade quality? I can find nothing about this thing online and I don't know blades enough to identify metallurgy by sight/touch.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#1]
If it just says "steel construction" without saying what kind of steel...odds are it is not something to brag about. That being said, it's not worthless. Beat the piss out of it without any guilt cuz it's only 25 dollars.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it just says "steel construction" without saying what kind of steel...odds are it is not something to brag about. That being said, it's not worthless. Beat the piss out of it without any guilt cuz it's only 25 dollars.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. This was my thought as well.

Follow-up question; I got one free but it is small and light so I'm thinking of picking up a couple (found at $17) to add to family backpacks. My concern is can the metal be such low quality that it's actually a waste of $17??

FWIW my benchmark is ESEE and I know this likely isn't 1095HC but could it suck so badly that it is not worth $17?
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Short answer - yes. China, unknown steel, low price. If your benchmark is ESEE then I doubt you'll like this tool.

I'd consider it a disposable toy at best. Maybe good for throwing.

Also, personal opinion, paracord as a handle absolutely sucks. Give it 5 whacks on a stick and I bet you get hot spots on your hand.

If you double your budget there's some stuff out there probably worth the money for a similar tool. I'll look some up later when I'm not busy
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 6:00:34 PM EDT
[#4]
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024859888
Midway has this one. It's discounted 80% too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Go use it and find out.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#6]
If you need to use it, I'd rather have one Estwing hatchet than two of that thing. If you don't need to use it, a Mora is lighter.
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Short answer - yes. China, unknown steel, low price. If your benchmark is ESEE then I doubt you'll like this tool.

I'd consider it a disposable toy at best. Maybe good for throwing.

Also, personal opinion, paracord as a handle absolutely sucks. Give it 5 whacks on a stick and I bet you get hot spots on your hand.

If you double your budget there's some stuff out there probably worth the money for a similar tool. I'll look some up later when I'm not busy
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1024859888
Midway has this one. It's discounted 80% too.
View Quote

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you need to use it, I'd rather have one Estwing hatchet than two of that thing. If you don't need to use it, a Mora is lighter.
View Quote

I was thinking this as well. Thanks.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top