Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2018 10:13:00 PM EDT
took my 40 cal beretta storm out for the first time to test reliability and sight in.

shot great, no malfs and very accurate.

my only complaint is the TRIGGER PULL.

horrible! my lyman digital trigger gauge shows 9 lbs +/_.

it doesn't break clean and requires a strong pull to complete.

is this typical?

might be looking into a Sierra Papa trigger system replacement, kinda pricey at $180.

has anyone had this done? worth it?

thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 10:23:23 PM EDT
[#1]
The Sierra Papa helps a lot but it’s not, by any means, like a good AR trigger.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:02:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The one I shot had a pretty terrible trigger, so yeah it is the norm.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 3:26:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Yup, normal. other than the Sierra Papa upgrade there are no other upgraded trigger parts I'm aware of.

I did lighten mine, there's an excellent write up in the Beretta Owner's Forum with pics, it's a five minute job with a file BUT if you file too much off the sear you can completely disable the carbine, so read it twice, and take it slow. It took mine from a 10 lb pull to a 6lb pull, wasn't brave enough to go any further.

The trigger is pretty convoluted, which is typical for any PCC with a mag in the grip.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
hmm...

I think i'll just shoot it a lot and hope that it might lighten up a little.

I was hoping the sierra papa treatment would be the end all answer.

I might still be swayed towards it if I feel like expending the cash...

again, thanks.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 7:18:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
hmm...

again, thanks.
View Quote
The Sierra Papa trigger can be adjusted for better results, but some guns have a different dimension in a certain part of the trigger housing that requires a spacer and limits adjustibility.  I have one of those.  If you decide your CX4 is a gun you'll keep forever, the SP trigger is a huge quality upgrade over the plastic factory parts.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#6]
The beretta forum has a diy but the pics are now gone. A member here sent me a link to gulf coast gun forum with info but says the poster took his own rifle down further than the arfcommer would have.

https://www.gulfcoastgunforum.com/showthread.php?17606-DIY-Beretta-CX4-Storm-Trigger-Job

I've never checked this out but I'm going there now. I guess I should have done that before posting this, huh?
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 12:15:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I've monkeyed with my trigger before and I just did a little more but I don't have a trigger pull gauge but I hope to get it to the range this week and hope to post back when I do.
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Sierra Papa trigger can be adjusted for better results, but some guns have a different dimension in a certain part of the trigger housing that requires a spacer and limits adjustibility.  I have one of those.  If you decide your CX4 is a gun you'll keep forever, the SP trigger is a huge quality upgrade over the plastic factory parts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
hmm...

again, thanks.
I spoke to Galloway about their adjustable/better trigger and they said they no longer offer that due to the many variations/dimensions they've found on rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top