Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2018 11:26:21 AM EDT
I've got one of these on the way in 40 s&w.

I like the federal HST 180 gr. hollow points.

based on your experience, how well would this feed, any issues?

it will be a dedicated truck gun and must be reliable.

thanks for any advice.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine will feed anything you put in it 100%. The only thing I modified on it was installing a stainless steel trigger group from Sierra Papa.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't speak for the 40sw but I've had 2 of the 9mm ones(sold one years ago and regretted it so I picked up another a year ago). Both the old one and new have run everything I've fed them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#3]
My 9mm CX4 runs PPU 147 gr. jhp & anything with a truncated (flat nose) bullet just fine.
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 5:37:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like my 9mm CX4 Storm and have never had any issues with feeding it any type ammo but the heavy bolt makes it have a strange recoil for a 9mm.  Still lots of fun to shoot though!
Link Posted: 7/29/2018 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine is 9mm.  It will run any ammo I've seen 100%, and I've run a lot of brands including cheap shit.  It lives the bottom barrel TulAmmo steel case from Walmart.  Its also completely open minded about magazines.  It runs 100% with cheap junk hi-caps that would choke my 92FS.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 11:05:02 PM EDT
[#6]
My 9mm eats like rosie o'donnell backstage at miss America. Never 1 jam.
Link Posted: 8/11/2018 12:51:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had just about all of the PCCs out there , none feed as reliably as the CX4 Storm.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine in 40 S&W has handled all ammo I've tested perfectly. I handload all 165 grain bullets but have shot some pulled 180 gr HST. I load 165 gr FMJ-FN, and 3 different jacketed hollowpoint. I've also shot 165 plated FP. Haven't done anything to my trigger. While it's not ideal it has been reliable for a close range carbine pistol caliber. Haven't had any misfires but my primers have lighter than normal firing pin hits. Maybe the chamber pressure is flattening them a little and my loads are not maximum. CCI primers. Nice truck gun. Complaints are I don't like the rear rabbit ear sight. Hard for my older eyes to sight through and the ears get in the way of a red dot sight. Have fun with your new pistol carbine rifle. Magazines are too expensive and no good high capacity ones I know of. I bought some 17 round factory mags.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top