Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2022 12:37:38 PM EDT
first NFA purchase. got my ATF and Silencer shop emails no problem. Said it would take 24-48 hours after docusign. then i would go in a certify at my local dealer. thats been 2 weeks. Is there anything that can be done or checked? as of last friday the local shop shows it as pending. Maybe cause im a first time buyer?

thanks for the help
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 1:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]
It takes much longer than 48 hours after docusign.  Wait about two or three weeks after you docusign, then talk with your local dealer if he hasn't contacted you first.

1) SS needs to file and get approval from the ATF for a Form 3 to transfer the suppressor to your local dealer. That takes about a week usually.

2) SS needs to ship the suppressor to your dealer. That can take a week or more.

3) Your dealer needs to do their part in the SS software to download all your info into a draft eForm4 in his account.

4) You and your dealer need to get together and actually submit the eForm4 to the ATF using his account and your ATF login and PIN. This is the part they are talking about when they say 'Certify'.

5) Now wait for approval in ~90 days-ish.

Getting to step 4 has been taking me about a month at best.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#2]
It took me about 2.5 weeks to get certified but that’s because I don’t live around a kiosk and had to make a special trip to one a week after purchase. Probably could have cut it down some had I been able to do sooner. I’m at the form 4 waiting stage as of this morning.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:02:22 PM EDT
[#3]
OP here. Just happened to go into my LGS and they had just gotten the shipment of suppressors in including mine. While i was in the store i got the cert email so im good to go now. the wait begins...
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 3:16:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP here. Just happened to go into my LGS and they had just gotten the shipment of suppressors in including mine. While i was in the store i got the cert email so im good to go now. the wait begins...
View Quote
Nice. Sounds like you have a good LGS. That makes a big difference.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#5]
It took me 2 weeks for the docusign from SS.  But then it took 3 weeks for my local shop to complete their end so I could certify.

Which shop you choose probably matters in addition to how much SS is backed up.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered mine from SS on May 14th, DocuSign by May 16th, certification May 27th
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Which shop you choose probably matters in addition to how much SS is backed up.
View Quote
This. The LGS is the key to how well your transaction goes.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:23:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This. The LGS is the key to how well your transaction goes.
View Quote

Your LGS could be St Thomas.
SS is garbage. Regardless you're at their mercy that everything goes smoothly. Chances are it won't.
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Your LGS could be St Thomas.
SS is garbage. Regardless you're at their mercy that everything goes smoothly. Chances are it won't.
View Quote
I've done 4 suppressor eForm4s through SS now. Two through one dealer, two through another.  The first dealer has been nothing but problems. With the second dealer everything went smoothly and no drama.

The second dealer even openly admitted to me that he didn't really know what he was doing, but he got with SS and they walked him right through it.

Link Posted: 6/2/2022 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
first NFA purchase. got my ATF and Silencer shop emails no problem. Said it would take 24-48 hours after docusign. then i would go in a certify at my local dealer. thats been 2 weeks. Is there anything that can be done or checked? as of last friday the local shop shows it as pending. Maybe cause im a first time buyer?

thanks for the help
View Quote

Takes time with experienced dealers, longer with others. Welcome to NFA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top