Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2018 7:12:24 AM EDT
was thinking about just heating it up to make it a bit wider; would make a jig/template also
i realize i would lose some length, but thinking a bit more for gloved hands, speed, you know the drill.

i'd just leave it as is rather than spend +$150 on aftermarket part + install if it would hurt the gun

could i do it while still on the gun (using heat sinks)?

rifle is standard older Marlin 30-30-- thanks
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn’t have the skills to try that with my guide gun, but I did have a dremel.   I rounded off all the sharp edges on my lever that were cutting flesh when firing my heavy loads.  Mine is stainless, so it was easy to repolish.

Those lever loops appear to be a perfect fit for a 6 year old hand.   I would want a second lever to work on if I was heating and beating.

I also would remove the lever before working on it.  They come off pretty easy.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 11:41:45 AM EDT
[#2]
This is pretty easy to do but I would not do it with the lever on the gun.  The lever is held in with a single screw so is easy to remove, just make sure to remove the plunger assembly before heating the parts.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks; i actually have a lever off a buddy's gun i found in the ashes of his house after the 2011 fire here that
destroyed +1000 houses;

probably play with that one first. yes, i'll post pics here & results
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 11:10:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top