Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2022 8:31:33 PM EDT
ok this has been something in the back of my mind but after the 200$ for the permit what kind of price are you looking at for a rifle and rounds? also what kind of rounds are really common for reagler people?
Link Posted: 11/17/2022 11:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on how fancy ya want to go. Not sure on current prices honestly but this will give ya some ideas

Probably the cheapest, Lathi. Absurdly huge gun but it’s a pretty cool 20. Rechambered to Vulcan is a popular thing to do.

Next would be the Anzio. Another huge gun, shoots 20 Vulcan.

Oerlikon, really cool gun! There aren’t many trannys out there, I know of one and maybe another that are currently shooting. Prices aren’t “super” expensive only because hand loading ammo is such a PITA, also good luck finding a mount!! That’s actually a huge problem with trying make your gun shoot. Oh, and they fire via API and are dangerous as hell.

s18-1000 solothurn, the friggin Swiss watch of 20s! If you thought the others were heavy, you ain’t seen nothing yet! I don’t know if any are rechambered so expect 20x138RB, expensive!!
From a P38, direct to you is the Hispano! 20x110mm. A very cool gun but not sure on ammo availability. The feed mechanisms are hard to get if you don’t buy complete. Never shot one so can’t say how much fun they are but the are friggin P38 guns!!! I have a cut away but needs a ton of work to refurbish and haven’t had the time.

MG151/20, German WWII fighter gun!! What’s not to like!!! Links and ammo will not be your friend

There are others I can’t think of right now but the list wouldn’t be complete without the holy grail.

Flak38!! I think there is one out there but not sure. I actually almost picked up a kit with out barrel but turned it down because I couldn’t find a barrel. They a year later found one. Still kicking myself in the ass for that😢
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 2:35:30 AM EDT
[#2]
lathi i heard of but not sure if i know what the valcon is ? is it a kind of 20mm round would it be a more common round
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Vulcan is the US military standard 20mm rotary cannon round. F-15,F-16,FA-18 aircraft cannon. Also CWIS (R2-D2) point defense gun. The Anzio rifle mentioned above is chambered in it. 20x102mm.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SaturationTech:
Vulcan is the US military standard 20mm rotary cannon round. F-15,F-16,FA-18 aircraft cannon. Also CWIS (R2-D2) point defense gun. The Anzio rifle mentioned above is chambered in it. 20x102mm.
View Quote

Yep, only difference is the M61 Gatling gun is electrically primed. All the civilian used Vulcan ammo is percussion primed. On a side note I know there is at least one M61 cannon out there in the wild
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah. Forgot that. I’ve seen the kits that have the bushing to change them to .50BMG primers…

An Anzio is on my list of wants.
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#6]
thanks guys. the main reason i am even thinking about it besides being a big time history buff with some of the older guns is a wore case deal for perimite defence, what i mean is i really think there is a some what good chance america could end up going the way yugoslavia did. i was still pretty young when that happend but i remember the news repots talking about it and with most of the guys in my family being war vets they did not belive in keeping us kids away from the evil in the world or letting us think that somehow it could not happen here. and if it did come to that the way i understood it was a good 20mm in the hands of someone that knows how to use it could stop petty much anything this side of a mine line battle tank. would that sound right to you guys
Link Posted: 11/18/2022 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Heavy and comber some, plus the projos you would get would be aluminum cover and steel base. Easier to use a 50 with API, more versatile gun too.
That having been said if the military is coming for you and you actually destroy an APC you are gonna have a whole other type of trouble that a 20 ain’t gonna help you with.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 12:39:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 53gunner:

Yep, only difference is the M61 Gatling gun is electrically primed. All the civilian used Vulcan ammo is percussion primed. On a side note I know there is at least one M61 cannon out there in the wild
View Quote

There is a few more than the one in the wild you referenced.

Jonathan Arthur Ciener, the C2 gun manufacturer from the 80's, has one.

Glendale Movie Company has two.  One or both was used in the film "Armageddon".

Battlefield Las Vegas has one restored by Robert Bigando and featured in the Black Rifle Coffee Company promotions.

There is another one in AZ owned by a C2 manufacturer, as I heard it from Mr. Bigando.
Link Posted: 11/19/2022 8:05:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By M-203:

There is a few more than the one in the wild you referenced.

Jonathan Arthur Ciener, the C2 gun manufacturer from the 80's, has one.

Glendale Movie Company has two.  One or both was used in the film "Armageddon".

Battlefield Las Vegas has one restored by Robert Bigando and featured in the Black Rifle Coffee Company promotions.

There is another one in AZ owned by a C2 manufacturer, as I heard it from Mr. Bigando.
View Quote

Knew about cieners, completely forgot about the one Bob did.
Link Posted: 11/22/2022 8:07:50 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 for the Anzio, that’s the way to go if you want to shoot 20mm and not have to build anything yourself
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top