Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:27:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By The_Punisher:
Mine runs like a champ as well.

https://i.imgur.com/DqF9tvQ.jpg
View Quote
Beautiful!

just got my KAC rail in and it required some slight modification. Slapped an olight on there til I figure out what I want to run full time. Haven't decided on an optic yet but have some OEM HK 30's and KCI gen 2's on the way.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:51:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Tailgating with some of the kids.

And the verboten mag.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#4]
PTR 9KT

SBRd and wearing Ghost45

Super fun

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 2:04:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Ran like a sewing machine on her maiden voyage. PTR 9CT. Ordering a Rex MG7 for her soon. Now if I could just find a PTR 93 or Z43P I'd be content.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:33:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's mine.  A PTR I bought a couple of years ago.  It didn't seem to like 115gr ammo until I recently changed the extractor spring.  Now it runs like a champ.  

Link Posted: 3/22/2021 1:26:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#7]
...more clones...
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 6:50:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wetfuego] [#8]
Started the year right by picking up the PTR on inauguration day.  Around the same time I started piecing together a UMP build after finding out that they were reasonably priced (if you didn't go the converted USC route).  PTR has been solid with KCI mags.  One of my ETS mags works, the other jams up about 2-3 times per mag, and the AC Unity mags I bought were complete trash.  Round count isn't high, maybe in the low-mid 400s (which is a lot for this crisis).  Surprisingly, it feeds 150 grain syntech but the last round of the mag (KCI) always fails to feed.  I saw someone say to use a 115 grain as the final round of the mag, I need to try that out.

UMP only has about 130 rounds through it (I'm low on 45) and it has been flawless after diagnosing some issues.  At first I didn't remove the bolt guide on the lower.  This caused the bolt to slam into and bend the ejector.  After 8 rounds the entire gun locked up.  I had to pull the barrel out and bend the ejector back into place.  After that I started removing parts off the lower until I realized the bolt guide caused it to lock up.  

PTR 9C with a YHM R9 and MRO
Gideon Shadow 45 upper with an Obsidian 45 and Holosun 507C.  

Little known fact: the three lug that comes with the upper receiver kits is "9mm spec" and works with any normal 9mm adapters (works with the Rugged and YHM adapters).

Link Posted: 3/22/2021 9:28:18 PM EDT
[#9]
MAD 33k

Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:20:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a Vector V93. Am I correct that to convert it to 33k would just need someone competent to turn the barrel down and a Form 1?
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By luv_the_huskers:
I have a Vector V93. Am I correct that to convert it to 33k would just need someone competent to turn the barrel down and a Form 1?
View Quote

Yes, however it's easier said than done. Most HK smiths will tell you they are unable to cut down the barrel without pressing it out and will simply recommend you replace the barrel. The only person I know of that may be able to cut it down without removing it is Curtis at S&H Arms, I know he offers that service for HK 94s.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 11:06:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HK94dude] [#12]
Originally Posted By mak0:

Yes, however it's easier said than done. Most HK smiths will tell you they are unable to cut down the barrel without pressing it out and will simply recommend you replace the barrel. The only person I know of that may be able to cut it down without removing it is Curtis at S&H Arms, I know he offers that service for HK 94s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mak0:

Morgan at Class 3 machining will chop the barrel without pulling

Link Posted: 3/30/2021 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 9:08:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Great looking guns

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#15]
If you're going to shoot PCC, you might as well do it with style.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:40:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Terrato:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17391/20210409_204456_jpg-1899490.JPG
View Quote
That mask flair really sets it apart.  

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:41:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:32:31 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Nice! I see the blast diverter but do you run suppressed at all?

Want the middle gun. Oh yes... Want.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

View All Quotes

@Johnny_Longslide hit up Jeff Walters, Parabellum Combat Systems. Debating my next build, 53K, G3K, or 32K.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

I run it suppressed most of the time, if I'm just practicing with friends at the range.

With the can it is quiet enough that it tends to play hell with the shot timers, so for matches I save everyone time and run the flash can.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Humble submission.
Scored one of the Bud’s PTR C93s last summer, then found a zenith z43p a few months ago. Still want a PTR32k as soon as they become available again.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 8:25:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OODA_Loop] [#22]
PCS (Ghilliebear/Jeff) - built with RCM barrel and Malaysian kit on Vector V93 .223 receiver. Stock is HK.

Double the Teutonic trouble:

Link Posted: 4/18/2021 9:06:13 AM EDT
[#23]
The long guns are lookin' good.

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 4:35:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Just bought a 9KT (on GB) to play with my 9CT and 33K. Next up will be a G3K or 53, I know I know get both....

Anyway, new pics

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And in a world of compromise....

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Messin' around with configuration of the K. Might put a smaller optic on it. T2 maybe...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/30/2021 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#26]
I finally found an optic mount I like for my MRO from Midwest Industries; feels like a good height.  I think* I'm done, other than putting a sling on it...  Time to get an MP5

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I posted in this in the pic thread tacked at the top as well.

Top is a PTR 9CT SBR, middle is a Vector V93, bottom is a PTR 91 A3S.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 11:00:00 PM EDT
[#28]
I posted in this in the pic thread tacked at the top as well.

Top is a PTR 9CT SBR, middle is a Vector V93, bottom is a PTR 91 A3S.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/117002/Rollers_jpg-1953141.JPG
View Quote

Awesome collection

Link Posted: 5/24/2021 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Damon_23:
Humble submission.
Scored one of the Bud’s PTR C93s last summer, then found a zenith z43p a few months ago. Still want a PTR32k as soon as they become available again.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/113101/08F3B68D-F182-4EA8-B490-70D1090DC7EF_jpe-1903733.JPG
View Quote

I passed on a Zenith Z43P a couple years ago. I still can’t decide if it was a mistake or not. They look like really nice guns.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 6:14:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Messin' around with configuration of the K. Might put a smaller optic on it. T2 maybe...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/PXL_20210430_204314269_jpg-1924891.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/137230/PXL_20210430_204623843_jpg-1924892.JPG

View Quote
RMR on Scalarworks is made for MP5s imho. Not applicable to you since you shaved the sights, but normally you can still use the irons.

Link Posted: 5/30/2021 9:40:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottsGT] [#31]
Just picked up my 9kt to go with my 9c on Thursday.  80* locking piece arrived yesterday and it dropped right in place.  I guess the rumors are correct that PTR is now making the bolts to HK specs.  Bought a stock off the EE yesterday and I’m doing the eForm 1 on Tuesday.

Link Posted: 5/31/2021 5:54:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
Just picked up my 9kt to go with my 9c on Thursday.  80* locking piece arrived yesterday and it dropped right in place.  I guess the rumors are correct that PTR is now making the bolts to HK specs.  Bought a stock off the EE yesterday and I’m doing the eForm 1 on Tuesday.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/6185/O7Cnh9.jpg
View Quote

Which stock are you going with?
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By AZgunner:

View Quote

Going with the B&T side folder.
Link Posted: 5/31/2021 10:44:06 PM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

I have one on my PTR 9CT sbr, great choice.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 8:18:04 AM EDT
[#35]
So yesterday I took the 9kt out for it's first session. What a complete miserable failure.  FTF's almost every other round. It was ugly.  The kind of ugly that gives PTR the bad rep they are getting on the internet.  

Closer inspection, as the bolt picks the round up off the top of the mag, the rim of the casing is not locking under the extractor and it is forcing the round at an angle.  Pulled it apart in the field and I could hardly get the extractor to move, like the spring is just way too tight.  I fiddle dicked around with it trying to bend it a little but gave up.  Came home and put my name on the list for a MAD bolt.

Yea, I could have ordered an HK spring and possibly an extractor, but I'd rather not chase that ghost and have to replace those "cotter pins" on a regular basis.  HK parts has them in stock, but the Mfgr has lowered the MSRP and is selling direct for $249 now.  I think HK parts is $270 and some places are asking as high as $300.

To make matters even worse, I also tried out my new silencer.  On the 4th round, it launched off the end of the back plate.
Guess where it landed?  In a pond.....sound familiar??  Luck for me, it was right on the edge of the water.  Had cups scattered everywhere.
It looks like the tube expanded and in the process stripped threads off the rear end cap.  I know the mfgr pretty good.  And they are on my way home, so I'm going to swing in tomorrow and leave it with them to play with it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#36]
That sucks...I've heard there are no bad days when fishing but there are certainly bad days shooting.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#37]
So yesterday I took the 9kt out for it's first session. What a complete miserable failure.  FTF's almost every other round. It was ugly.  The kind of ugly that gives PTR the bad rep they are getting on the internet.  

Closer inspection, as the bolt picks the round up off the top of the mag, the rim of the casing is not locking under the extractor and it is forcing the round at an angle.  Pulled it apart in the field and I could hardly get the extractor to move, like the spring is just way too tight.  I fiddle dicked around with it trying to bend it a little but gave up.  Came home and put my name on the list for a MAD bolt.

Yea, I could have ordered an HK spring and possibly an extractor, but I'd rather not chase that ghost and have to replace those "cotter pins" on a regular basis.  HK parts has them in stock, but the Mfgr has lowered the MSRP and is selling direct for $249 now.  I think HK parts is $270 and some places are asking as high as $300.

To make matters even worse, I also tried out my new silencer.  On the 4th round, it launched off the end of the back plate.
Guess where it landed?  In a pond.....sound familiar??  Luck for me, it was right on the edge of the water.  Had cups scattered everywhere.
It looks like the tube expanded and in the process stripped threads off the rear end cap.  I know the mfgr pretty good.  And they are on my way home, so I'm going to swing in tomorrow and leave it with them to play with it
View Quote

that sucks man.  Is this an older PTR or the newest "updated" one?
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 11:40:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ScottsGT] [#38]
Originally Posted By firedog51d:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZmeW9rXgAQBeiv.png

View Quote

Newer one. The 80* locking piece went right in like it was supposed to.

I just had an epiphany this morning after I posted.  My 9c runs flawlessly.  I'm going to swap out the bolt head and see if that does it.  But still going with the MAD bolt.

Silencer Mfgr sent me an email.  They were like "  Yes! Please drop it off with us."
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#39]

I just had an epiphany this morning after I posted.  My 9c runs flawlessly.  I'm going to swap out the bolt head and see if that does it.  But still going with the MAD bolt.

Silencer Mfgr sent me an email.  They were like "  Yes! Please drop it off with us."
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By firedog51d:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EZmeW9rXgAQBeiv.png

Glad the suppressor guys are taking care of you.  I hope PTR steps up but...
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 9:45:36 PM EDT
[#40]

It looks like the tube expanded and in the process stripped threads off the rear end cap.  I know the mfgr pretty good.  And they are on my way home, so I'm going to swing in tomorrow and leave it with them to play with it.
View Quote

That is normal. You shouldn't be able to move it at all by hand if the extractor spring is in good shape. I picked up a MAD bolt a few months back from Atlantic Firearms after having a failure to feed at the range jacked up my extractor spring and ended my range day. No issues at all with it and it only dropped the bolt gap by 0.001 which was still well within tolerances.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:14:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Let me rephrase that.  I was trying to make it move by prying an empty shell in place.  Tried on my 9c and you can see it very slightly move when pressed against the extractor with a shell casing.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:44:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Probably going to pull the trigger on an optic for the PTR 9CT soon. But I’m still undecided on what to get. I’m leaning towards an Eotech but not sure which model. I definitely don’t want the front sight hood to be cluttering up the sight picture, so ideally a model or mount that will situate it high enough.

A new contender would be the new Aimpoint ACRO P2. I see Scalarworks makes an ACRO mount, but the tallest one they have is 1.57”. I’m not sure what the sight picture would be like.

Aimpoint PRO is way too big. I’ve tried a Trijicon MRO on a friend’s rifle and didn’t care for it, though it wasn’t terrible. The Trijicon RMR just doesn’t seem like a good fit, though I love it on a handgun. The Aimpoint T2 would be a contender, but is at least a couple hundred bucks more than any other option.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 12:46:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aphex] [#43]
Probably going to pull the trigger on an optic for the PTR 9CT soon. But I’m still undecided on what to get. I’m leaning towards an Eotech but not sure which model. I definitely don’t want the front sight hood to be cluttering up the sight picture, so ideally a model or mount that will situate it high enough.

A new contender would be the new Aimpoint ACRO P2. I see Scalarworks makes an ACRO mount, but the tallest one they have is 1.57”. I’m not sure what the sight picture would be like.

Aimpoint PRO is way too big. I’ve tried a Trijicon MRO on a friend’s rifle and didn’t care for it, though it wasn’t terrible. The Trijicon RMR just doesn’t seem like a good fit, though I love it on a handgun. The Aimpoint T2 would be a contender, but is at least a couple hundred bucks more than any other option.
View Quote

The Scalarworks 1.57" riser should clear the front sight hood using the PTR's pic rail. I have a Aimpoint T-1 with the 1.57" Scalarworks riser on a MFI low profile mount (sits a tad lower than PTR's welded pic rail) and I just barely see the top of the front sight hoop. I am unsure how the iron sights picture would look on a PTR but I would guess it would still be quite usable.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Probably going to pull the trigger on an optic for the PTR 9CT soon. But I'm still undecided on what to get. I'm leaning towards an Eotech but not sure which model. I definitely don't want the front sight hood to be cluttering up the sight picture, so ideally a model or mount that will situate it high enough.

A new contender would be the new Aimpoint ACRO P2. I see Scalarworks makes an ACRO mount, but the tallest one they have is 1.57". I'm not sure what the sight picture would be like.

Aimpoint PRO is way too big. I've tried a Trijicon MRO on a friend's rifle and didn't care for it, though it wasn't terrible. The Trijicon RMR just doesn't seem like a good fit, though I love it on a handgun. The Aimpoint T2 would be a contender, but is at least a couple hundred bucks more than any other option.
View Quote

I like running my EXPS on the 9ct.

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

Have you fired it without the 80* lp, like back to factory?

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#46]

Have you fired it without the 80* lp, like back to factory?

View Quote

No, I have not.  I thought about trying that though, but I plan on using a can on it when I take it out anyway.  If I try my 9c bolt, I'll do it with the 100* in it, then swap out to the 80*.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 12:46:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Hope this is right place for this, I had my PTR91 cut down to 16" with the barrel threaded for 1/2 x28.  Anyone have a line on a HK Style FH with this threading? (Not a long one).  Could I use a 9mm A2 FH or will I run into problems???
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 3:39:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Stamps came in on May11 and stocks went on the same day

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/17/2021 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 18
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top