Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2019 8:46:01 PM EST
whass happening? Looked cool as fuck.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 9:37:00 PM EST
Appears to be dead on the water.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:23:51 AM EST
I haven't heard much of anything for nearly a year, now. I assume some legal hiccup has held it up from import.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:06:48 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:48:28 AM EST
No need to cross post.

The company changed hands so we’ll see if it happens.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:51:59 AM EST
Did Lithgow change hands or the US importer?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 11:59:48 AM EST
You know the last couple years haven't exactly been prime time to bring a $1750 rifle to the market.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 12:17:46 PM EST
see if they are at shot?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 4:57:29 PM EST
Likely entirely unrelated but Steyr is live streaming a "huge announcement" and giving away an AUG on the 22nd at SHOT SHOW.

Does Steyr have the ability and funds to take over the Atrax? But would they do it, maybe not.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 7:29:32 PM EST
Probably that 300BLK they teased last year
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:13:20 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By vellnueve:
View Quote
I seriously doubt 300 BLK anything rises to the level of a “huge announcement.” Seriously, it is more like 300 Pass Out. Yawn.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:10:07 PM EST
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:30:26 PM EST
Originally Posted By maleante:
Likely entirely unrelated but Steyr is live streaming a "huge announcement" and giving away an AUG on the 22nd at SHOT SHOW.

Does Steyr have the ability and funds to take over the Atrax? But would they do it, maybe not.
View Quote
Do you have a link to the source? Very interested
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:00:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By maleante:

View Quote
STM556?
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 12:49:43 PM EST
Originally Posted By Col__Kurtz:

STM556?
View Quote
That's my hunch. The RS556 is importable as a pistol. If that's it, I wonder if its origin is Austria or Germany.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:54:19 PM EST
It'd be interesting if they bring the STM556. Might be a bit riskier in the AR market these days unless the price isn't too high.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:21:15 PM EST
I was told the STM556 was not going to happen.

Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:44:29 PM EST
Originally Posted By PjsSteyrAug:

View Quote
So the "huge announcement" is what, a $6500 hunting rifle?
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:59:03 PM EST
I'm telling you its the 300BLK AUG.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:12:32 PM EST
Lol, two years ago at the NRA show the Steyr guys told me it would be any time now for 300 barrels but they hated the idea because they foresaw a bunch of blown up guns where people mixed in 300blk with their .223.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 6:44:09 PM EST

View Quote
that's disappointing... after they said for the past year..."will be out anytime!"
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 12:14:14 AM EST
I actually saw them at LGS when vendor rep was in town, that was a while ago. If they haven't showed up yet, they are probably scared off by the changing political tide...
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 7:10:34 AM EST
View Quote
I’m really hoping so
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:52:58 AM EST
STM 556 not going to happen, I wonder if this is an issue with description. Elsewhere it is described as the RS 556, my guess is since this is a Rhinemetall and Steyr venture it could be that the STM 556 designation is dead. I know speculation.

300BLK that would be nice.

Maybe Pete has an inside look but can't tell. Hopefully we will all know in a short time.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:32:10 AM EST
View Quote
I may be misunderstanding, but why would this be a technically difficult conversion to do? Is there no aftermarket option?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 6:46:24 PM EST

View Quote
Won't LMT be up their ass about the monolithic upper?
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:25:23 PM EST
Originally Posted By crazymoose:Won't LMT be up their ass about the monolithic upper?
View Quote
I was wondering the same thing about the Remington piston AR.
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 10:21:21 PM EST
Originally Posted By pyotr_k:
I may be misunderstanding, but why would this be a technically difficult conversion to do? Is there no aftermarket option?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By pyotr_k:
Aug barrel assemblies are complex because of all the other stuff on it besides a rifled tube, and the total number of them in the US is small I don’t think anyone would fit the bill to r&d then tool up for it for the small aftermarket. Even simpler things like rails aren’t done by too many companies because the small total numbers are further fragmented into multiple models limiting any possible rails potential buyers even more and those are far simpler than the barrel assembly.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:00:32 AM EST
Originally Posted By Kali_Refugee:

Aug barrel assemblies are complex because of all the other stuff on it besides a rifled tube, and the total number of them in the US is small I don’t think anyone would fit the bill to r&d then tool up for it for the small aftermarket. Even simpler things like rails aren’t done by too many companies because the small total numbers are further fragmented into multiple models limiting any possible rails potential buyers even more and those are far simpler than the barrel assembly.
View Quote
Makes sense, and I suppose end-users wouldn't want to (or don't have the tools to) swap the gas block assembly between barrels. At a glance, I couldn't find any factory gas block assemblies for sale, either.
Top Top