Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2018 11:41:39 PM EDT
I was wondering what you guys thought of this safe its on sale right now on amazon for $1900, i seen it on a few other sites for 2500+. they dont have any at my local safe shop they like to push liberty fatboy jr. but the door did have some good amount of flex when i pulled on it. they also wanted 1900 for the fatboy jr. So i just dont see much on amsec nf, i read it is new model with a 90min fire rating.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 9:45:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Body steel is the same as the fatboy jr (11ga), but the Amsec NF series is better in just about every other way. The 1/4" plate door is a big upgrade from the 11ga door on the Fatboy Jr (~2x as thick). The Amsec is obviously smaller though.

ETA: $1900 is high for the Fatboy Jr. Directly from Liberty it's $1650 regular price and they go on sale down to around $1300 occasionally.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I own the NF6036. I bought it at the county fair for $1498.00 with a $100 (if I remember correctly) delivery/installation charge. I think it ended up being just under $1800.00 with tax and everything installed. This was in June 2017.

The build quality is fantastic and you get a lot for the money. I'm in and out of the safe several times a week and I've never had an Issue. The fire protection was the bigger selling point to me. Much better than comparably priced units. I have friends and family with other brands of safes, mainly Canons and the final product of the Amsec is far superior.  I would buy it again without hesitation.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:58:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Safe and Vault store . Com will haggle. I just bought a 10,700 safe that they had on sale for 8k. I paid $6500 delivered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top