Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2018 2:27:02 PM EDT
So with the integration of e-form 1's does that mean that all the wait times will go down? Less paper filings should mean quicker turnarounds, or am I putting too much common sense into this?
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:54:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Less people working on paper form 1s eventually will speed up form 4s theoretically. Depends how the “extra” available time is reallocated though. Ideally more people working on F4 since electronic forms are less time consuming
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 4:32:35 PM EDT
[#3]
No worries, the barcode system will help.......oh wait
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm just thinking, if they are using different examiners for e-files vs. paper files then it should really help take some of the load off of the paper file examiners and make everyone's wait time go down. But, since it is the federal government and speed or common sense isn't in their vocabulary, I guess it's just more wishful thinking than anything else.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 6:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I saw a post the other day where the person stated the examiner for their eForm was a Mr. Huff (can't remember his first name) and that was the same examiner for my paper form that I finally got back not too long ago.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 10:58:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw a post the other day where the person stated the examiner for their eForm was a Mr. Huff (can't remember his first name) and that was the same examiner for my paper form that I finally got back not too long ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Silencershop has stated the eforms are essentially automated at this point.

From reddit
I'm not sure sure about that.  Though we do submit a pretty large amount of Form 1's, their process is almost entirely automated now.  When a Form 1 is submitted electronically, provided there aren't any errors, the application is basically just waiting for the fingerprint checkbox to be checked.  When the card is received, they just find the user and click the checkbox and it is approved.  This occurs before scanning the prints or anything else.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top