Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2020 9:39:41 PM EDT
Hey guys, I have Reolink cameras in front of my house but cant get them to send me notifications when motion is detected.  There has been multiple incidents of thugs coming down our streets and checking/opening car doors in driveways. This shit has been going on at least once or twice a week. I live in a nicer neighborhood. Turning down my street, your entering a dead end section of the road,. Only 1 way in, 1 way out. How can I alert myself in the house that there is motion or activity around my vehicles/driveway besides cameras?  Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

anyone use Guardline Security Driveway Alarm?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 10:44:30 PM EDT
[#1]
https://www.dakotaalert.com/store/murs-alert-products/

Check these out. Seismic detectors are even available.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I run Guardline driveway sensor in addition to Ubiquiti G3 PRO camera at the main gate.  That way we can hear the chime for the sensor just to know when someone/something shows up and then we can open the camera feed app on the phone and see who/what set it off.

Pro Tip:  That driveway sensor alarm will scare the crap out of you in the middle of the night when a deer, fox, etc comes in the zone...  
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 10:55:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By drywall5:
I run Guardline driveway sensor in addition to Ubiquiti G3 PRO camera at the main gate.  That way we can hear the chime for the sensor just to know when someone/something shows up and then we can open the camera feed app on the phone and see who/what set it off.

Pro Tip:  That driveway sensor alarm will scare the crap out of you in the middle of the night when a deer, fox, etc comes in the zone...  
View Quote

Thanks for the warning.  I am leaning towards the Guardline sensor.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 11:02:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a criminal case recently where the victim had cameras outside facing his street and driveway. His cameras were able to range people/movement and alert when people entered onto his property. It was the damnedest thing I have ever seen. Turned a simple loitering and prowling case into 12 counts of attempted burglary, as it captured everything. Software is called blue iris.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top