Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2021 6:43:46 AM EDT
I have an older collapsible stock (M4 style) that I put on one of my 870s years ago.  It was a less expensive model (probably ATI) that I can't find an exact copy of to show for reference, which is a good thing that they don't make that model anymore.  The problem is it changed the angle of the gun upwards a little bit, but noticeably.  By that I mean no matter how it's adjusted, I'm looking partially at the top of the barrel/bead sight instead of through it for a perfect sight picture.  I like the idea of the collapsible stocks and would like to get another one (probably a Blackhawk), but do they do the same thing or do they line the gun up correctly?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#1]
The Blackhawk stocks do line up very well (in my experience)

The stock angles downward, which gives you room for a proper cheekweld to look down along the length of the barrel from behind the receiver, instead of being straight line which puts your head too high to look down along the top barrel, instead of along the length of barrel as it should.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:43:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Mesa Tactical makes two versions of their collapsable stock adapter.  One is designed for taller sights or something mounted on Picatinny rail, the other is made for OEM bead sight.

Here's mine, designed for bead sights.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Choate makes a few that sound like what you are looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top