Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2018 12:31:10 AM EDT
Is anyone here familiar with the Crye Zip on MOLLE panel for the JPC 2.0?

I know there is a pocket for tools within the panel. On Crye’s site it says you can put a hydration bladder in there.

Does anyone know if I’d be able to fit a Source Low Profile Reservoir in there? I have no idea how big this pocket is on the zip on panel.

Another option would be to attach a hydration carrier to the MOLLE. I need as little bulk as possible, since I have to carry an aid bag, and most of what we will be doing is in confined spaces.

This is the hydration bladder I had in mind:

https://sourcetacticalgear.com/hydration-systems/83-ilps-3l.html

Thanks for any help
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 1:07:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you need what comes with the panels or just looking for something to hold your pouch?  If you just need something to hold a bladder and want minimal bulk I would look at The source razor I use them and add almost no noticeable bulk.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:41:41 PM EDT
[#2]
What size vest and what size panel?
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 2:29:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks,

The vest is sz medium, and the panel would be medium as well.

The Razor linked above looks good, but it looks like it needs to be attached to MOLLE. If that's the case, then I'd have to buy the MOLLE panel regardless. If I could fit the Source bladder into the Crye MOLLE panel then that would be ideal. I just don't know the actual size/dimensions of the pocket in the Crye panel.

Here is a link to the zip on panel:

https://www.cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/blczp302smm_molle-zipon-panel-20
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 2:49:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Razor linked above looks good, but it looks like it needs to be attached to MOLLE. If that's the case, then I'd have to buy the MOLLE panel regardless. If I could fit the Source bladder into the Crye MOLLE panel then that would be ideal. I just don't know the actual size/dimensions of the pocket in the Crye panel.
View Quote
The Razor I listed weaves right on the back of your JPC.  You don't have to buy anything else.  No need for the Crye panel.  Did your JPC not come with webbing on the back?

Here is mine

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And here you and see the minimal bulk

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 6:30:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks,

The vest is sz medium, and the panel would be medium as well.

Here is a link to the zip on panel:

https://www.cryeprecision.com/ProductDetail/blczp302smm_molle-zipon-panel-20
View Quote
If you already have that bladder and are looking for a way to carry it, it'll fit, but it won't be ideal. Getting a full bladder in and out of the pouch isn't fun. A better solution is the Source ILPS. I can get 3L into mine in a med crye panel on a med crye vest. The ILPS is a little shorter and wider, so it fits the pouch better, and comes with the water bottle filler attachment, so you can fill it while it's already in the pouch.

All that being said, I would reccomend not carrying a bladder on your vest if you have any sort of pack going over it. Make room in the med bag for a bladder.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 4:19:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow I felt like an idiot. I forgot the back of the carrier had the panels.

Thanks a lot for the picture, that's exactly the idea I had in mind. I placed an order for the razor today.

As for putting the bladder in my aid bag, I wish I could, but that's going to be really hard. The aid bag I'm currently issued is pretty small. I'm looking to replace it, but either way I have to keep things as compact as possible since we do a lot in confined spaces.

Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it
Link Posted: 11/7/2018 7:08:08 AM EDT
[#7]
That IPLS 2-3L bladder is wider than your plate. How does it fit without being a huge pain in the ass? Also, is there anything at the top of the Crye molle panel to hang/hold the bladder up and keep it from folding / shifting?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top