Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2020 2:25:25 PM EDT
I've been wanting one of these for a few years and have suddenly decided that I need one NOW! My main concerns are that if there are any fake ones out there and where would I go to get a real one?
Anybody want to give me an opinion of ZT and why I should or shouldn't get one?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 7:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been wanting one of these for a few years and have suddenly decided that I need one NOW! My main concerns are that if there are any fake ones out there and where would I go to get a real one?
Anybody want to give me an opinion of ZT and why I should or shouldn't get one?
Thanks!
View Quote

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zero-Tolerance-ZT-ZT-9-Mick-Strider-Knife-S30V/202873520887?hash=item2f3c3442f7:g:lk4AAOSwkcleFoUg
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
@MISTERMOON:
Thanks, but I don't have an ebay account or use paypal. Plus, How do I know that those aren't fakes? Not only that, but my computer almost died while opening that link, or tried to open it. I had to close it because it took too long.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#3]
eBay has buyer protections, but anything’s possible. You’re best bet is to search eBay daily, I’ve seen them come up at very affordable prices. I’d also recommend looking for them at gun shows, a lot of them come up randomly for decent prices. When these got discontinued, a lot of factory seconds and blems appeared, avoid these unless you get a chance to see it up close. These usually have x’s over the serial numbers
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
eBay has buyer protections, but anything’s possible. You’re best bet is to search eBay daily, I’ve seen them come up at very affordable prices. I’d also recommend looking for them at gun shows, a lot of them come up randomly for decent prices. When these got discontinued, a lot of factory seconds and blems appeared, avoid these unless you get a chance to see it up close. These usually have x’s over the serial numbers
View Quote

Huh, wasn't aware of the factory seconds. I'll check the gun shows as soon as we get them again.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 12:29:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Kershaw and zt seem to occasionally sell factory seconds. Some are easy to spot by flaw, but the obvious way to tell is when the blade has a serial number, it’s x’d out.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 10:47:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Kershaw and zt seem to occasionally sell factory seconds. Some are easy to spot by flaw, but the obvious way to tell is when the blade has a serial number, it’s x’d out.
View Quote

A couple of folks sell the seconds which have no warranty.  Not that I’ve ever had an issue with a xxxx.

Kershawguy is one of them.

No relationship

I have only seen one of the zt bayonets though and not for five years.  Believe discontinued.
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#7]
They're long discontinued, and I've never heard of any knock off variants.

Most of KAI's product line is made in China now, so it's becoming rarer that the counterfeiters put logos on their knock offs as it can cost them big money contracts with the actual company.

If it makes you feel any better, the ZT9 was made from S30V so people were breaking them here and there. It wasn't a highly regarded knife and was discontinued long before any of the other Strider collaborations.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I just saw a fairly close knock off on amazon, using the search term bayonet. It was under $40 bucks!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 12:30:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just saw a fairly close knock off on amazon, using the search term bayonet. It was under $40 bucks!
View Quote

LOL, I guess after reading the couple of posts above yours, I'll hold off on getting one.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:29:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought one at shot show when they debuted. That was like 2007?
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top