Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2022 10:34:37 AM EDT
I now have a can that will live permanently on it so are there any parts I should consider swapping out for efficiency sake? My understanding is there's tons of minor tweaks you can make if always suppressed
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 12:54:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You should consider changing out your locking piece from the factory LP to a #28 LP (80 degree) when running suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 1:05:34 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're talking about a full size Z-5RS, there is no need to swap out the locking piece.

If you are using the 3-lug mounting setup, might want to look at the diameter of your thread protector..... mine was small enough to allow a bit of wobble with a Gemtech can.

When using a 3 lug can, I have a smooth, stainless .591" dia thread protector I use.....zero movement
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you're talking about a full size Z-5RS, there is no need to swap out the locking piece.

If you are using the 3-lug mounting setup, might want to look at the diameter of your thread protector..... mine was small enough to allow a bit of wobble with a Gemtech can.

When using a 3 lug can, I have a smooth, stainless .591" dia thread protector I use.....zero movement
View Quote

Yes, the Z-5RS. Thank you much for the info. I actually just got the 3 lug adaptor for the rugged in the mail yesterday so I'll be sure to check out for wobble
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Villafuego

Where did you get that thread protector? I'm in need of one

Thx!
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:59:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

@Villafuego

Where did you get that thread protector? I'm in need of one

Thx!
View Quote

@Dog1

Ebay of all places....

Item # 224754184122

He lists them as .590" ..... measures the same dia. as an HK protector....but smooth. My Zenith was .584"

He makes them in small batches
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't worry about a slight wobble while using a 3 lug can. The gasses should be pushing the can forward and straight as soon as they hit the first baffle. The only thing I did with my Z-5RS was loctite the thread protector in place since I have no plans to use direct thread over the lugs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@Dog1

Ebay of all places....

Item # 224754184122

He lists them as .590" ..... measures the same dia. as an HK protector....but smooth. My Zenith was .584"

He makes them in small batches
View Quote

Awesome. Thx..snagged the last one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top