Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2018 8:36:59 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with these guns?  I am thinking of buying one to SBR.  Are they as good as the 9mm offerings from Zenith?  Has anyone tried replacing the muzzle device with a suppressor mount and suppressing the gun?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 9:27:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I want one so bad after getting the PTR version of the c93.

If nothing else, you can find them in stock at least: https://f5mfg.com/product/zenith-z-43p-sb-classic/
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any experience with these guns?  I am thinking of buying one to SBR.  Are they as good as the 9mm offerings from Zenith?  Has anyone tried replacing the muzzle device with a suppressor mount and suppressing the gun?

Thanks in advance.
View Quote
They appear to be the same in terms of build/finish compared to my Z5RS which is very good
Where I'm from no-go on supressors

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If nothing else, you can find them in stock at least: https://f5mfg.com/product/zenith-z-43p-sb-classic/
View Quote
Wow..nice find, surprised to see them still for sale.  not sure if zenith will be adding them back to their line up.
Closest thing we can ever get to an original HK in 5.56
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:17:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one in the SBR format.  It is identical in performance to my issued HK 33K in terms of quality and performance, minus the select fire option of my 33K.  Zenith has a LEO purchase program the also applies to military.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:05:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Just added a brace to it. Not sure about using the brace even though Zenith said it’s okay. The buffer is just all wrong to me

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 10:56:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I have been happy with mine.

Swapped the factory flash hider for a Surefire Warcomp that has the proper metric threading (not sure off the top of my head) and have used a SOCOM Mini in it.  It ran fine the handful of times I shot it suppressed with the factory locking piece.

I don't shoot it suppressed very often because it balances well with the 12" barrel and the suppressor just makes it front heavy.  This being "off balance" seems more noticeable on the Z43P than on an AR with a similar barrel length due to the light weight collapsible stock on the Zenith, maybe a fixed stock would make this better.

I'm glad I bought it and enjoy shooting it but acknowledge it is a fun gun to shoot at the range and not a social gun because the AR platform is more ergonomic and I simply shoot that better.
Link Posted: 12/22/2018 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine has been great.  The quality is the same as the 9mm guns. I SBR'd it.  I don't shoot it suppressed, though.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#8]
The brace does not have correct buffer to withstand the recoil if shouldered.  They were supposed to release a brace with a mechanical buffer, not sure if they ever did.  I went with the SBR, and couldn't be happier.  It's as nice as the 93 my dad has.

Some of the 43P's will not work with HK mags, some do.  However, the MKE mags work just fine.

Jason

Link Posted: 12/23/2018 5:35:16 PM EDT
[#9]
^^^^
Life goals: see picture above.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I’m going to form1 my 43p. I really like the a2 stock more.

You shoot yours suppressed? If so you change the locking piece?

Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#10]
The "91" was built off a JLD/PTR receiver and G3 kit back in the early 2000s.  As for surpressed, only the Z5RS with no changes.  I have an A3 stock for the "33k", but I never really used it.
Jason
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Now for some mags
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 12:36:09 AM EDT
[#12]
The manufacturing/importer engraving on the magwell is sloppy, but they are well built.
Link Posted: 12/25/2018 11:12:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Out of stock.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Out of stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Out of stock.
Well that sucks.  I was saving up hoping to snag one from them.  Anyone know of any other place that still has them?
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well that sucks.  I was saving up hoping to snag one from them.  Anyone know of any other place that still has them?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Out of stock.
Wholesale hunter for $2150....No thanks...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top