Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2019 6:51:12 PM EDT
The G10 scales are really worn and I'd like to replace with just OEM style G10 scales. Can't find them anywhere. Any suggestions.

Also wouldn't mind replacing the screws if that's available too.

ZT 0566
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Good luck.  I looked for the exact same thing for about a year and eventually gave up.  I could find high proced gaudy colored scaled but plain black g10 is unobtainium.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 1:41:47 PM EDT
[#2]
ZT is of no help?  Call VZgrips, they may do a one-off if you speaking nicely.
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
ZT is of no help?  Call VZgrips, they may do a one-off if you speaking nicely.
View Quote
I'm going to contact ZT. I know they replace blades for $30. Not sure why they wouldn't do grips
Link Posted: 3/28/2019 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 10:57:05 AM EDT
[#5]
If you use Instagram just search for your model knife and scroll through the photos and you should be able to find someone making scales.
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 12:46:24 PM EDT
[#6]
My knife is currently at ZT getting a complete overhaul for $37, including shipping. Not bad. I’m 2 weeks in...
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#7]
What does a complete overhaul include?
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Didn't see any scales for sale, but here's some Ti. screw sets that may help for cheap:

Anodized screw sets for ZT 0566...

Chris
Link Posted: 4/18/2019 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What does a complete overhaul include?
View Quote
All the hardware basically. Scales, pocket clip, torsion bar, screws.

The blade will be sharpened too. I hope they don’t replace it though. I’ve got one of the Elmax steel blades before they switched to S35VN
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 7:24:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you just call Customer Service and request an overhaul.  Might be looking at this myself then.
Link Posted: 4/20/2019 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did you just call Customer Service and request an overhaul.  Might be looking at this myself then.
View Quote
Just emailed them and told them I wanted new scales, pocket clip, sharpening, screws, assist bar. They replied back a day later and said fill out a form online and mail it with a check for $37.
Link Posted: 4/24/2019 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Just got my 0566 back. The packing slip shows they replaced “FH, HSS, PCS” and sharpened.

So new scales, screws, and pocket clip. This is a 6 year old knife and it looks and feels brand new overall. It’s cleaned and oiled. $37 total with shipping.

The tip was basically gone. Not much of a point left. It came back with a fresh point and a hella sharp blade. It’s ELMAX so I know they didn’t replace the blade and my original scratches are there. Took 3 weeks exactly from me shipping it off to receiving back. Nice job ZT!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Yup,

That's one of the reasons I own & EDC Zero Tolerance Knives.  Outstanding customer support.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top