Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2019 9:35:56 PM EDT
I just got in a Yugoslavian M57 from J&G sales I paid $40 for hand select of finish and shiney bore and I paid $20 form the intact creast on the slide. It came in today and imwas only able to give it a quick look over and get it entered in my hound book. In the next few days I am going to take it apart and clean and oil it good. First impression was the finish was good to very good it showed wear. The barrel looks about new very strong rifling and no rust or pitting inside or out. The frame, slide and barrel numbers match but the trigger group liked to be eletropencel to match the rest of the pistol. I ended upm paying $284.04 with next day Air shipping. shipping alone was $27.09 !

It only came with one magazine and i have not had time to fuction test the pistol! Or magazine. I wish it came with a holster lanyard spare magazine and all that good stuff.

What all and where should I be looking to put a proper accessory kit together for this pistol.

I have a TTC-33 from Romanian that came with holster and lanyard and spare magazine.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 1:53:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Was there a lot of cosmoline?
Link Posted: 8/31/2019 9:25:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd check gunbroker and Ebay for accessories. I have a correct Holster with cleaning rod inbound that was ~$25 shipped from a guy in Quebec on Ebay. IIRC there is a seller on Gunbroker with OEM M57 magazines for $24ea shipped.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#3]
If that barrel is indeed original, then you did well to get one with no internal rust or pitting.
Link Posted: 9/13/2019 1:46:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If that barrel is indeed original, then you did well to get one with no internal rust or pitting.
View Quote
The barrel is matching s/n to both the frame and the slide so imam sure it is an original barrel.

What I think is really cool is it has the creast still in tact and matches the one on  my Yugo  mint condition M48 rifle.

I still haven't shot it yet just cleaned it.  So far I am liking the longer grip then my ttc-33 i have large hands and the m57 fits them better.

What I also like is that the m57 magazines fit my tt-c 33. Just sticks out a bit but gives me an extra shot.

I still haven't found a holster, cleaning rod or belt yet that I can afford. I did buy two magazines from the guy on eBay. The first one I got was full of suffice rust and had pitting on the base plate. I did ended up buying a second one from him only because he is the only one I could find that actually had them in stock and wasn't asking an arm and leg the second one had lot of suffice rust but no pitting and the blueing was  weak on both because of the rust. But they fit and seamed to work ok. I sent lot of email to seller about this and even pictures.he didn't seamed to want to help much mostly saying they are brand new and he hasn't heard of them rusting before, then saying the two I got where then last ones in a box. I ended up leaving bad feed back and honest review.  Shortly after that he contacted me offering me a $10 refund on each magazine.  I suggested instead of refund maybe he could find a magazine with no rust and sent it to me trying to figure out a way to cost him as little money and a way to make it right for me. He did send me a new magazine then sent a message complaining about the feed back I left.   Untold him if it was that big of a deal I will shipm it back to him unopened and explained that my feed back was spot on and if he was quicker to try and work with me and not make excuses I wouldn't have left it. I have not heard back from him if he wants it back or not, so right now it is still on my desk the way it was sent.

These magazines came in a plastic bag that was folded over and stapled closed with a single staple. They did have remains of dry grease on them but the way they are  packaged doesn't create a good deal and will let moisture and water in. I don't have no doubt they where new but maybe have been improperly stored.
Link Posted: 9/20/2019 10:42:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Once I got my M57's, my tt33's became safe queens.  I just can't go back to that short grip on the TT's after shooting the M57.  I've had my 57's for  two years and love them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I took it out the other day and ran a bout 5 magazines trought it.
Found a few  issues.
1) if I didn't hold the safety down with my thump while fireing it would pop up just a bit and keep the trigger from going  all the way back
2) the new product magazine wouldn't stay security latched and fall out but the one that came with it worked perfectly.

Accuracy was good enough for the crude sights. I would have no issues hitting a German soldier at 100 m  with it :)
Link Posted: 10/3/2019 5:31:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I had issues as well with "spare" mags sent along with my tt33's.
Link Posted: 10/22/2019 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought a couple of M57 "gunsmith specials" from J&G a few years ago.  It turns out they look basically new, but the add-on safeties in them are defective.  Since the gun wasn't really intended to have one to begin with that doesn't bother me much and I never bothered to deal with it.  I haven't had issues noted above of it accidentally engaging, mine are the opposite, the safety isn't reliable.  If you press the trigger enough or with a lot of force you can override it.  Again, not an issue to me so I am extremely happy with them considering they were cheaper back then and the "gunsmith specials" were like $50 less than the regular grade.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 1:39:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Does the extra length of the Yugo M57 help with large hands? The regular TT33 grip always seemed too short.

Zastava USA is importing new mags at least. They seem really hard to find.
Link Posted: 10/28/2019 5:28:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes the longer grip does help, have medium hands and feels fine.  They also hold an extra round which is a plus
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top