Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2023 10:58:27 PM EDT
I have a yugo 48a that from what I can tell, has a non yugo sight protector and maybe the entire front sight. I think the sight protector will slide off but am having difficulty getting it off. I am hoping the factory sight is still on the rifle. I figured I would post a picture to see what the guys that know a lot more than me say... any help would be appreciated. Am I right in thinking this is not factory? Does the barrel appear to have been cut down?

Picture of front sight

Length of barrel - has it been cut down?

Front sight

I think one of these has been put on the rifle.
Non yugo sight protector
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#1]
That's for sure a Portuguese Verguerro front sight protector. I'm not familiar with how they attach to the barrel though.

The M48 front sight is attached to a ring that is press fit onto the barrel.
Link Posted: 6/4/2023 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's for sure a Portuguese Verguerro front sight protector. I'm not familiar with how they attach to the barrel though.

The M48 front sight is attached to a ring that is press fit onto the barrel.
View Quote

The verguerro protector has a pin or screw that accepts a flat head bit on one side. The other side has marks but i cant tell what it is. I can't tell if the other side of the pin was welded on or what. I did remove the pin/screw but wasn't able to remove the sight protector. I can't tell if it is just stuck on there or if the other side is holding it on.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#3]
At this point I'd probably leave it on.  Who knows where it acquired that.  Could very well have been the Yugos that put it on.  I  kind of like it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top