Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2018 2:41:08 PM EDT
Straight to it, no long winded lead in, I have a pile of cash coming in about 6 weeks.  What to buy?

More detail - I've been building AR's for over 10 years.  Right now I have probably 25-30 in the collection, 5-6 different calibers.  I can imagine a few more I'll build with some cash, like a Sig Rattler size 9x39mm, a Proof Research barreled 6.5 Creed, and finally add a Suppressed SBR .458 SOCOM to the pile.

I'm more interested in hearing what cool, new, interesting stuff is out there that I may not be aware of.  I've started my research, and narrowed the list a bit.  For instance, I love Swiss Sig stuff, so have got on the mailing list with JDI and am keeping up to date with everything he's offering and importing.  I'd also like to add a few rare and unique AK variants, some of the nicer WWI and WWII stuff (have been following Mosin Crate and Empire Arms for this), and with the explosion of new Sub Guns I'd like to get one of everything from that group.

Handguns, I want to greatly expand my classisic S&W collection, and have some learning to do about market values and what's most desirable.  I would like to get some collectable Sig's, original 210's, Tyson Corner import 220's in oddball calibers, and a few more Mastershop guns.  A couple older mint BHP's would be nice, as would a modernized Novak or Nighthawk BHP.  And I want to commission a few double stack SVI builds I've had in mind for some time.

Bolt guns too, I have 100 yards off my back deck, but access to a 2000 yard range.  I need to learn more about 50's, and also want to add a collection of top tier bolt builds in 338, 308, 6.5, etc.  And of course quality optics, again the bar is constantly moving with what's "best", so lots of research to do.

And I plan on adding a full setup of Action Targets in the back yard.  Oh, and I'll have suppressors on everything … and maybe a full auto or two.

So for anybody who read this far, what other firearm wet dreams are out there?  It's a big World, lots of choices, hard to know about everything!
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 3:48:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you gotten into nightvision yet?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
If I came into a bunch of money I would get this. Mainly because I cannot see a life where I could afford it lol. M200
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I came into a bunch of money I would get this. Mainly because I cannot see a life where I could afford it lol. M200
View Quote
If you want to haul all out on price, don't forget Nemo Arms. You can have a rocketship for $8600 or if you'd rather, a sledgehammer for $6200.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 4:46:31 PM EDT
[#4]
MGs

or be poor elswhere
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:02:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:09:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
I do have a Raptor M644 mounted on my 12.5" 6.8 AR, it's seen a couple hog hunts.  I'd like to add a few more NV and Thermal pieces.  I honestly could use someone with more field training in proper use of such items to help me make smart decisions.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 6:11:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
If I buy one, will Mark Wahlberg come over and drink beers?
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#9]
OP in North Carolina?? :p
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Barret 416 cartridge in an 82A1.
Barrett
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#11]
For some things that would be quite different, and which have an appeal all to their own, look into airguns.  Specifically, look at Daystate, FX, Rapid Air Weapons, Feinwerkbau, and some others.  Part of the initial expense is getting the stuff to fill the pre-charged pneumatic guns.

There are a number of airgun games now being played which are quite challenging.  Look up Extreme Benchrest hosted by Airguns of Arizona for some good examples of what these "toys" are capable.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I dont know what your tastes are, but if I had some $$$ right now im mostly interested in a Marlin 1895 for some reason...I bought most of the Guns I wanted in the last 3 years and lost interest in a few others that Im kind of glad I didnt get to buy at the time!

Have Fun! Post pics of what you get
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:31:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
MGs

or be poor elswhere
View Quote
I'm sure I'll get a few, AR and HK are the obvious choices.  Beyond that, I'll decide as I research more.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:32:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Barret 416 cartridge in an 82A1.
Barrett
View Quote
A Desert Tech in .375 CheyTac was the ELR platform I'm leaning toward right now.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:39:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I second the Nemo AR in 300 win mag!
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I dont know what your tastes are, but if I had some $$$ right now im mostly interested in a Marlin 1895 for some reason...I bought most of the Guns I wanted in the last 3 years and lost interest in a few others that Im kind of glad I didnt get to buy at the time!

Have Fun! Post pics of what you get
View Quote
I do enjoy lever guns, especially if they have wood with lots of figure and a deep glossy blue.  I have a 1895 Guide Gun in 45/70 that get plenty of use.  Always fun to let friends ring steel with their AR's, then put a 45/70 on the gong.  I would like to add a few more lever guns, 44 Mag and 357 for sure.  But I'm thinking custom stuff, whoever catches my fancy with bling.  Grizzly makes some stuff that really makes me
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:44:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I second the Nemo AR in 300 win mag!
View Quote
My only first hand experience with Nemo was a couple years ago and I wasn't super impressed.  But after the suggestion above I looked at them again and their line seems to have really matured.  Unfortunately no dealer in St Louis, because I'd like to see them in person.
Link Posted: 11/1/2018 10:57:31 PM EDT
[#18]
NODs and Training
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 7:10:49 AM EDT
[#19]
I'd buy a 3500 lb safe.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Find a reputable NFA Dealer in your AO and let him help you find good machineguns. Th MO-HTF should be able to send you to the good Dealers while helping you avoid the bad players. MG prices have been steady or slightly dropping for the past couple years. It is not a bad time time to buy if you have the coin to drop but remember, you are "investing" big money in .gov regulation.

Suppressors are fun if you are willing to spend the time finding that sweet combo of can, host and load. However, kinda pointless if you only shoot on ranges open to other people (unless you are all shooting suppressed).

SBR/SBS - with "braces" and "12 gauge firearms" that are not shotguns, the SBR/SBS/AOW lust has kinda faded away for me and a lot of other people.

You could get into high end collectibles from sources like Rock Island Auction Co.. VIntage Colt pistols and Winchester rifles and the such hold their value pretty well but provenance and condition are EVERYTHING to their value.

If you want current production guns to shoot, there are a lot of good deals (salad days as people say). However, don't expect any new gun you buy today to appreciate all that rapidly, if id does at all.

Stay away from any of the "Commemorative" guns or any "collectible" from Mitchell's Mausers. Usually they are just pimped-out guns looking for a sucker.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Do you have a deluxe man-cave where you can rotate display pieces from your collections? I always thought that would be nice for a home office or man cave.

Eta: I mean you should buy wall display and/or stand alone displays

And also buy night vision, there is a dedicated forum here in the armory section.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 9:47:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do you have a deluxe man-cave where you can rotate display pieces from your collections? I always thought that would be nice for a home office or man cave.

Eta: I mean you should buy wall display and/or stand alone displays

And also buy night vision, there is a dedicated forum here in the armory section.
View Quote
Right now a spare bedroom is setup as my armory.  But I'm going to have a 12'x22' section of the basement made into a display and finger-banging room.  So yeah, I'm with ya … can't have a collection like that without proper way to show it all off!
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#23]
.50 BMG for the 2k yard range
Link Posted: 11/11/2018 3:06:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I do enjoy lever guns, especially if they have wood with lots of figure and a deep glossy blue.  I have a 1895 Guide Gun in 45/70 that get plenty of use.  Always fun to let friends ring steel with their AR's, then put a 45/70 on the gong.  I would like to add a few more lever guns, 44 Mag and 357 for sure.  But I'm thinking custom stuff, whoever catches my fancy with bling.  Grizzly makes some stuff that really makes me
View Quote
Amen.

I finally just got sick to death of black guns.  I've started getting into old Lever Guns and Sharps rifles.  Case hardening or coin finishes and excellent wood...that's where it is at for me right now.

The Sharps is soooo damn ZEN.  I really love it.  I already want another.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top