Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/8/2018 12:41:02 PM EDT
I’m looking to get the ball rolling on an SBR and am somewhat torn between 2 choices.

1. Colt 6933 epr
2. LMT MRP M LOK 10.5

I currently have an MRP and didn’t know if it would be cool to kinda do a big brother / little brother type deal where I run the ACOG on the 14.5 and a T2 on the 10.5, or if I should save a little money and go with the 6933 epr or something similar.  I am buying a stripped lower and filing paperwork so I will be proving it together.   I already have a few colt LPKs and BCGs which makes me feel like the smart move would to be save some money and go with a Colt, but part of me wants to ball out with the MRP with eBCG and all the Gucci accoutrements.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Go ahead and ball out on the LMT.
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
but part of me wants to ball out with the MRP with eBCG and all the Gucci accoutrements.
View Quote
waste of money IMO
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 12:07:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

waste of money IMO
View Quote
So would a KAC be worth the money?...
Link Posted: 5/9/2018 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So would a KAC be worth the money?...
View Quote
Yes

Two of my favorite rifles.

Link Posted: 5/9/2018 5:18:24 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
@Cartel- You always seem to have the hardware haha.  To you, what makes the SR15 better than the MRP?  I've always been kinda torn between the SR15 series and the MRP series bc awhile back I had both and ended up liking the MRP better.  I feel like the main selling point for the SR15 is their E3 bolt but part of me thinks that the durability factor may be more to do with material than the actual design itself, and (although they don't release that info) it is rumored that it is the same aermet that the LMT e bolt uses.  This would make sense bc the two companies seem to do some collaboration.  The two bolts are very similar except that the E3 has the rounded lug design and the LMT has a different coating and a somewhat modified log design.  The KAC pretty much had a standard carrier with a narrower cam pin track.  The LMT had a standard sized cam pin but a track that delays unlocking and it also has cuts (one large one instead of multiple smaller ones) similar to the KAC sand-cutter carrier.  The upper lower fit was better on the MRP and the accuracy and recoil characteristics were pretty damn similar.  I think both have gone to straight gas tubes and I know LMT uses an angled port but am not sure about the KAC.  I am not sure if too much has changed in the newer gen SR15 and I def want to try them out, but coming from someone who clearly has more experience with them, what sells you on the KAC stuff?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top