Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2022 3:34:46 PM EDT
After 100 or so days...my eForm was approved for my first 22LR can. FYI I did not get a notification from the ATF that it was approved…my FFL contacted me.

I went with a YHM because I already have a Resonator R2. Been very happy with its performance so the Phantom 22 made sense to me.

Phantom 22 offers a good mid price point between the Sparrow and Dead Air/Rugged.

While some do not like the hybrid construction of aluminum (outer tube and blast chamber) and steel baffles...I can tell you I am glad they did...the weight is only about 4OZ or so...

Its a feather weight that still has a great design with steel where it is needed. All of the powder/gasses are touching steel...nothing touches aluminum accept at the end cap...

One "issue" that I did find is YHM did not clean out the baffles all too well prior to shipping and some baffles had left over scrap of metal when they cut the baffles...so...when you get yours...make sure you disassemble and clean it.

I tested this can on a 21A Covert and 10/22 Backpacker...the sound is great with no FRP that I was able to detect...if there was one...its very minimal...

One thing I reaaallly liked is on the 21A ... it wasn't gassy at all ... I've seen some cans on those guns that just really gasses you out ... not the Phantom ...

On the 10/22 being a longer barrel...all you really here is just the action...

Ammo I used initially to test it was CCI Standard 40Gr...nothing fancy....

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice write up.??  I’m on day 106 on 2 e-formed Phantom’s and looking forward to comparing to my other 22 can’s.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Pps and 21a are my “last two” rimfire acquisitions

Maybe a FN if @outrider keeps posting sexy pics
Fuck
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:11:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Good write up. Got a phantom in jail.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I think both of you I will like it’s performance.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Good to hear. I also have a phantom 22 in jail. Been able to shoot it at the range and have no complaints. I’ve had several .22 guys come over while I was shooting to see what was so quiet. The were impressed. This is my first .22 can, so I don’t have anything to compare it to. Can’t wait till it’s freed!
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Are they all shiny aluminum up top, dull matte on bottom like this unboxing? Seems weird they didn't make both parts the same color and texture.
YHM 22LR Phantom Silencer Unboxing

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Yeah they are. The blast chamber is 7075 and the tube is 6061 extrusion…thus different hue on anodizing. That said. It isn’t that bad actually in real life.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:40:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Recently picked mine up too. Good fun on my Walther P22 plinking steel
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Had mine out today and last week.  Very impressed with it on a 10/22 rifle.  Havent tried it on a pistol yet but so far am happy with it
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Been very happy with mine.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 12:08:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine also had metal shavings still attached to the baffles.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:58:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Mine is still in jail along with a DA Mask.
I'm a machinist and look closely at such things.
Not gonna be super happy if there's burrs and shit in the can.

That said, I doubt the function will be affected at all.
Just sloppy as hell.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just sloppy as hell.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just sloppy as hell.

They were loose shavings ... the cuts were perfect on the baffles ... they wiped right out ...
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They were loose shavings ... the cuts were perfect on the baffles ... they wiped right out ...
View Quote

I'm glad to hear that but it's still less than ideal.
I wouldn't send the thing back or complain to YHM but it's a (very) minor mark against them.
That said, I've got 4 YHM cans in my possession or in jail. No issues with any of them so far.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:58:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I wouldn't send the thing back or complain to YHM but it's a (very) minor mark against them.
That said, I've got 4 YHM cans in my possession or in jail. No issues with any of them so far.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some companies cans rattle…
Metal shavings that can be wiped out aren’t a big deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top