Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2020 8:26:13 AM EDT

After seeing the Kurz kit posted here I decided to go that route. It helped that Cherry Bombs were OOS for so long everywhere. Anyhow I’m a fan, I have it on my 556 10.5” upper (pistol lower for the internet pic police ), 16” 556 upper, 24” 6.5 Creedmoor, and my 8.3” 300 BO (haven’t shot yet). I know Keymo is the current hotness but the simplicity, economy, size and weight of the Kurz made it an easy choice for me.

Just thought some would like to see it in use. I threw it up on r/NFA so some of you may have seen it already. Not many Vox S users in the wild that I’ve seen post up, and most are Keymo or PlanB.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:33:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking rig. I've got the Vox-S with Keymo and when you add that its damn near the exact weight and length of my sandman. I think I'll give the Kurz a try.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If only I get find a kurz kit in stock hah
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 4:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m sure their production was impacted by Covid hysteria. Get on a waitlist at Hansohn Bros or something and you’ll have it in no time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there enough room in the Vox-S to use full size YHM muzzle devices with the Kurz kit?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I can measure for you.

Or @kedminster and maybe he can answer if provided the length of the muzzle brake length.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Op did you consider the Griffin plan a?  With their titanium minimalist brake it’s really light.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 7:16:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Op did you consider the Griffin plan a?  With their titanium minimalist brake it’s really light.  
View Quote

I did. Something about the Kurz seemed more desirable to me. I like the ratchet retention for one and the taper in front of the threads. Plus I like the beefier threads on the YHM. It’s worth the extra 2oz the Plan A would save me.

It’d be sweet if someone took the YHM setup and did it in Ti. Diversified Machine does a Ti adapter.  That’d drop a little weight.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:48:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I did. Something about the Kurz seemed more desirable to me. I like the ratchet retention for one and the taper in front of the threads. Plus I like the beefier threads on the YHM. It’s worth the extra 2oz the Plan A would save me.

It’d be sweet if someone took the YHM setup and did it in Ti. Diversified Machine does a Ti adapter.  That’d drop a little weight.
View Quote

If I were not so heavily invested in the PlanA, I would probably go with the Kurz too if for no other reason than the ratcheting coolness.

The PlanA is still a great setup though.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 4:55:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I pondered the same and echo this.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 12:11:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Here is the dimensioned drawing for the Vox S and K:

I don't believe the full size YHM muzzle devices will fit.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 11:01:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/hUqc5JJ.jpg

View Quote

Not with the kurz adapter, but it prob would with the phantom QD adapter
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 1:26:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/hUqc5JJ.jpg

View Quote

Thanks for this, very helpful. It looks like the YHM 5M2 and 4302MB may actually fit in the Vox with the Kurz mount.

I found this diagram of YHM mount dimensions:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top