Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/17/2020 3:38:05 PM EDT
Started digging after the R9 thread...and found this.

https://yhm.net/kurz-kit.html

Doesn't have a weight yet but shortens the YHM QD by 0.675".  I am very interested in this for the Resonator R2 I have pending.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 3:45:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw that too. Didn’t know it was new
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice.
I want a PS90 SBR and a Turbo K...
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#3]
This is what Ive been waiting for since they announced the Turbo K. I like their mounting system but the full size module just looks terrible compared to how nice their suppressors look. Almost like an afterthought. YHM cant stop reaching into my wallet.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 10:19:56 AM EDT
[#4]
So if I use this instead of the QD brake mount my Turbo came with it will shorten the overall length of my barrel and suppressor combo by a half inch? Hey hat would be real nice.
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 12:10:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So if I use this instead of the QD brake mount my Turbo came with it will shorten the overall length of my barrel and suppressor combo by a half inch? Hey hat would be real nice.
View Quote
I am guessing it will reduce weight too.  I measured the weight of my full size brake and I think it came in at 4.2 oz.

So you could possibly shave a couple ounces off the weight of the Turbo.  Also their original qd mount adds an ounce or 2 over the direct thread.

Edit: Sorry can only work on something with the omega threading so a T2 or K.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:47:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Dam this might be what pushes me over the edge to get the turbo k
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 1:39:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Question I want answered is: will going with a Kurz kit effect sound reduction?  

Looks like they answered this question on their facebook page: " You will see about a 1-2 dB increase. The Kurz Kits were designed for those trying to make the most compact build they possibly can. "
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 5:36:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Very nice.
I want a PS90 SBR and a Turbo K...
View Quote
It’s a fantastic combo.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 7:32:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Since nobody else has said it, I'd just like to say that's REALLY hot.

As for the Kurz kits, do they only work with the Mini QD, or are the other YHM muzzle devices ok?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:16:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice! About grab a Turbo K. And possibly the Kurz, was going to go GA but really want to try the YHM stuff now.

Wish you had an option to replace the standard mounts with the Kurz or even buy the can without and mounts/brake.
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

As for the Kurz kits, do they only work with the Mini QD, or are the other YHM muzzle devices ok?
View Quote
I'm curious about this as well. I'm guessing it would depend on the specific can and if there's enough space between the blast baffle and mount for the full size muzzle devices?
Link Posted: 2/11/2020 10:17:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm curious about this as well. I'm guessing it would depend on the specific can and if there's enough space between the blast baffle and mount for the full size muzzle devices?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I asked Kevin in the industry section if they would offer just the adapter without the muzzle brake and he said not at this time to prevent installing on a can with a short blast chamber but may in the future.

Not exact words but you can check the YHM industry section for his exact answer.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 12:26:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Question I want answered is: will going with a Kurz kit effect sound reduction?  

Looks like they answered this question on their facebook page: " You will see about a 1-2 dB increase. The Kurz Kits were designed for those trying to make the most compact build they possibly can. "
View Quote
Does the Kurtz kit get rid of a baffle and that’s why it’s slightly louder?

Also, if I get a direct thread mount from @hansohnbrothers, will it also be louder than they way the turbo k comes stock?
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I would assume it’s slightly louder due to decreased volume.

I’m curious how much shorter the MD needs to be to fit. I cut a port off prior to YHM releasing the mini brake, doubt it would fit though. I do like the Kurz kit though as another low pro 1.375x24 option.

My three brake lengths.
Attachment Attached File

Side note: anyone have an easy fix for the washers after it’s timed?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I want to use this on a Turbo K and on a Resonator R2 so that both can fit into my various ARs to keep the OAL minimum on my 10.5 & 11.5, and then use the resonator on my 308 bolt gun as well. Will that be possible? E.g., will the Kurz kit work on both suppressors and will 5/8x24 mini QD muzzle devices be available for the 308?

If so that will make a great little coverage combo, allowing me cover most my rifle needs with the pair. Like having 2 suppressed ARs simultaneously when out with a buddy, and cover my 308 bolt for precision shooting with the Resonator.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Does anyone know if the 762 mini brake will fit in the mount sold as a 555 kit?  I believe I read somewhere that YHM made them so a 762 can mount on a 556 but the 556 mount will not work with a 762 muzzle device.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
All of our current 5.56 and .30 cal mounts will fit into both the Phantom Adapter YHM-3060 and the New Kurz Kit YHM-3050.  The mount length will become the deciding factor based on the internal geometry of your suppressor and the blast baffle location.
View Quote
Awesome!  That’s all I needed to know. I can’t wait to take my Vox home (soon) and use it with the new Kurz setup.
Link Posted: 2/25/2020 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
All of our current 5.56 and .30 cal mounts will fit into both the Phantom Adapter YHM-3060 and the New Kurz Kit YHM-3050.  The mount length will become the deciding factor based on the internal geometry of your suppressor and the blast baffle location.
View Quote
I may be a moron, but can you walk me through this?

If I'm understanding this correctly, you can use the new Kurz Kit (YHM-3050) with any of the current Phantom QD mounts (YHM-5M2-Q.D.) or (YHM-3102-28)? Or do I need to buy the shorter brake (YHM-3102-1MB) for rifles that already have a YHM QD mount?
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 9:18:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

If I'm understanding this correctly, you can use the new Kurz Kit (YHM-3050) with any of the current Phantom QD mounts (YHM-5M2-Q.D.) or (YHM-3102-28)? Or do I need to buy the shorter brake (YHM-3102-1MB) for rifles that already have a YHM QD mount?
View Quote
Also wondering - will these work on the first generation Turbo K cans with the Micro QD?
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 9:40:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Also wondering - will these work on the first generation Turbo K cans with the Micro QD?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@YHM_Kevin can you help us out here?
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#23]
The Turbo-Ks are all threaded the same so it should work just fine, no?
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Also, will these work on an original Turbo?
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The Mini QD Brakes are compatible with all of our YHM Phantoms, Turbos, Turbo Ks, Resonators, and Nitros.  The other adapter that's included with the YHM-3050 kits fits all YHM Turbo K, Turbo T2, Resonator K, and Resonator R2 suppressors or any other suppressor on the market that uses the common 1-3/8" 24 TPI thread interface.   If running the Kurz adapter you can run any of our 5.56 sized mounts or our 4302 series .30 cal mounts in the Resonator R2 and Resonator K.  If running a Turbo T2 or Turbo K the mini brake must be used.
View Quote
This is the little nugget I was looking for. Now I'm off to buy more mini brakes

Thank you for the clarification!
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/28/2020 3:08:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The Mini QD Brakes are compatible with all of our YHM Phantoms, Turbos, Turbo Ks, Resonators, and Nitros.  The other adapter that's included with the YHM-3050 kits fits all YHM Turbo K, Turbo T2, Resonator K, and Resonator R2 suppressors or any other suppressor on the market that uses the common 1-3/8" 24 TPI thread interface.   If running the Kurz adapter you can run any of our 5.56 sized mounts or our 4302 series .30 cal mounts in the Resonator R2 and Resonator K.  If running a Turbo T2 or Turbo K the mini brake must be used.
View Quote
How much reduction in length will I get if I use this kit with my original Turbo? Also, you said there would be a reduction in suppression with the mini-brake? Is that correct?
ETA: would I just need the mini QD brake to mount my Turbo on? The original Turbo isn’t threaded for an adapter.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 12:15:01 AM EDT
[#29]
So if I’m understanding that right, there’s no way to run this combo:

14.5” Barrel 5.56 needing a pin & weld muzzle device
Turbo K w/ kurz adapter

Because the mini qd brake and mini flash hider won’t bring a 14.5 up to 16” and you can’t run the normal size brakes/flash hider because that is too long to fit into the rear end blast chamber of a turbo K with the kurz adapter on it.

Is that correct? Any device that can go on a 14.5 AR pin and weld and operate with the Turbo K with kurz?
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:03:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You must use the short brakes with the Kurz Kit.  A better option would be to spend $200, make an SBR, not worry about muzzle device lengths and the pain pin and weld is, IMHO.
View Quote
Or make a pistol if you dont like sbr.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#32]
I think that when I get my SDN6 back from AAC, for end cap repair, I am going to send it and my old 18t M4-2k to ECCO and have both of them modded to work with the YHM Kurz kits.

Both of those suppressors are pretty much dedicated to specific hosts and rarely shot without their suppressors.

Anybody see any issues with my plan?
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 12:42:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You must use the short brakes with the Kurz Kit.  A better option would be to spend $200, make an SBR, not worry about muzzle device lengths and the pain pin and weld is, IMHO.
View Quote
Agreed

That's the route I'm going these days. Hell I've got 14.5's with SBA3. Pin and weld is a pain in the ass, especially if your changing out rails etc. somewhat occasionally. Form 1's coming back <1 month is the way to go.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#34]
I have my reasons not to SBR or pistol, i do already have a 10.5 and 11.5 with tail hook mod 2s.

The mini flash hider is listed at 2 1/8 inches. With AR threads being about 1/2” shouldn’t that bring 14.5 to 16 and allows for turbo K with kurz?
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 8:23:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I emailed YHM and they stated the following, so it appears you do not need the mini to work with the kurz kit adapter necessarily.

The YHM-3102, YHM-3102-1mb, and the YHM-5m2-qd will work with the Turbo K and Kurz kit together.

The YHM-3102 and the YHM-5m2 will bring you 14.5 inch barrel up to a carbine length after you pin and weld it. The Mini will not.
Link Posted: 3/6/2020 5:30:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I emailed YHM and they stated the following, so it appears you do not need the mini to work with the kurz kit adapter necessarily.

The YHM-3102, YHM-3102-1mb, and the YHM-5m2-qd will work with the Turbo K and Kurz kit together.

The YHM-3102 and the YHM-5m2 will bring you 14.5 inch barrel up to a carbine length after you pin and weld it. The Mini will not.
View Quote
Yeah, they keep explaining that the kurz adapter will work with any of the mounts - long or short. The issue that you'll run into has to do with the silencer you install the kurz adapter on.

If you install the kurz adapter on a silencer whose blast baffle is deep enough, you can use the long muzzle devices. If it isn't deep enough, you'll only be able to use the mini muzzle devices because the longer ones will contact the blast baffle and prohibit the can from seating.
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 4:23:42 AM EDT
[#37]
New to the scene, but reading up..so don’t beat me up to bad

So these Kurz kits will work with the resonator2 and the resonator K ? The 762 cans?

Was t sure if I was following right
Link Posted: 3/9/2020 6:44:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:05:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Yes sir, they will work with the Resonator line.
View Quote
Thanks

Now to just find a resonator k in stock..
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 2:49:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Is the Kurtz kit available with a mini flash hider instead of the mini brake, for those who dislike muzzle brakes?
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 4:22:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
The Kurt Kits only come with a brake at this time.
View Quote
Ok, then let me clarify this: Will the low-profile Phantom QD Adapter that is part of the Kurtz kit, work with a YHM Mini Phantom Q.D. Flash Hider on a Resonator R2?  I can live with a brake on the one rifle (a longer barreled bolt gun) but would really prefer a flash hider on the AR15's.  Or would I have to stick with the standard full-size QD mounts?
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 11:55:33 PM EDT
[#43]
All I want to know is if I could use this mount with my original turbo and reduce length of my rifle? Can’t get an answer.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 5:44:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
All I want to know is if I could use this mount with my original turbo and reduce length of my rifle? Can’t get an answer.
View Quote
If you have a generation 1 turbo the answer is no.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 6:34:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
This conflicts with the earlier post from YHM_Kevin tho if I read it correctly. He stats that you must use the mini brake with a Turbo T2/Turbo K, Kurtz combo. Can we clarify? Will the standard 3102 flash hider work in the Turbo T2/K, Kurtz combo or not? He does say the Res K with Kurtz will work with the 3102 FH.

I'm curious because I have an AUG with a 3102 FH which is the only QD muzzle device they make for that particular gun and I'm interested in a K model (Turbo or Res) but I hate the look of standard QD mount on the new cans and I want to be as compact as possible.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 8:50:53 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 9:05:03 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 9:23:43 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'll test fit the different models and provide a list of what works with what.
View Quote
That would be most wonderful
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yes the low profile adapter will work in conjunction with the Mini Flash hiders and the Resonator R2.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ok, then let me clarify this: Will the low-profile Phantom QD Adapter that is part of the Kurtz kit, work with a YHM Mini Phantom Q.D. Flash Hider on a Resonator R2?  I can live with a brake on the one rifle (a longer barreled bolt gun) but would really prefer a flash hider on the AR15's.  Or would I have to stick with the standard full-size QD mounts?
Yes the low profile adapter will work in conjunction with the Mini Flash hiders and the Resonator R2.
Thanks very much. That's probably what I'm going to do then.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top