Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/4/2018 2:10:13 PM EDT
I have a X95 with a 15in barrel, plus a pinned sico flash hider to get over 16 inches.  I took it out this weekend for the first time since having the barrel shortened and I'm having some double feed--but only suppressed (sico omega).  In the past it would be very rare to have a feeding issue with the can on and only with lower quality steel-cased ammo.  This new problem occurred with multiple types of magazines and two brands of ammo, both 55gr.

I'm wondering if I need the gas port opened up a tad since having the barrel shortened because it's my understanding the port sizes are different per length.  Does anyone else have a tavor (or tavor sbr) that required gas port changes?  Any input would be helpful.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:26:46 AM EDT
[#1]
If it's feeding fine without the Omega then don't open up the gas port because it's feeding better with less gas not more.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 6:02:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it's feeding fine without the Omega then don't open up the gas port because it's feeding better with less gas not more.
View Quote
I got a high power recoil spring from shooting sight, gonna give that a shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top