Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/31/2019 10:12:42 PM EDT
I mainly do action rifle and 3-gun events with my Tavors so I'll rest rifles on 2x4s, posts, tables, etc. at times. When I do this both handguards on my x95 and Tavor 7 will work their way off after a few shots. On my Tavor 7 the tab broke allowing the handguard to slide on and off without pressing the release button.

I was wondering if anyone ran into the same situation and found a way to prevent the handguards from working their way off. I want to keep the factory guards as I'm not a fan of grips. I was thinking of drilling out the tab and adding a slightly longer bolt with a nylon locking nut, but thought that might be too ugly/half-assed. Any suggestions?

Link Posted: 1/1/2020 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I would just get a high strength polymer weld and reshape what broke...but honestly...IWI would probably cover this and replace it for you.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 4:22:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would just get a high strength polymer weld and reshape what broke...but honestly...IWI would probably cover this and replace it for you.
View Quote
Maybe I'll give them a call tomorrow and see, I didn't think they'd replace it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 8:20:05 PM EDT
[#3]
You'd be surprised...worst they can say though is no.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 11:10:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Think that’s the reason on the newer model x95’s the IDF is now issuing have done away with the railcovers with the spring loaded door latch on them. Their model rail covers are secured with a screw and the handguard has a hole in it to allow a pigtail pressure switch to be run through it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So it isnt the handguard the is moving/breaking but rather the rail covers, correct?

Do you have the rail covers extended out like some guys do to make it function like the forend is longer than it really is?

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Correct, the removable covers.

No I do not extend the covers, I have them on all the way.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 8:35:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Think that's the reason on the newer model x95's the IDF is now issuing have done away with the railcovers with the spring loaded door latch on them. Their model rail covers are secured with a screw and the handguard has a hole in it to allow a pigtail pressure switch to be run through it.
View Quote
That would be an awesome solution! Maybe they'll come here eventually too. I checked IWI US store and they don't have any new screw models listed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 9:21:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 9:40:08 PM EDT
[#9]
It’s not. It’s basically the US commercial SBR handguard and covers with a few modifications. Think it is also probably more of a rigid HK type polymer as opposed to a Glock type polymer.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 1:21:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Easy solution for the forend is get one of our Cantilever Forends for the X95 when they are back in stock, and I am sure the aftermarket will be supporting the Tavor 7 soon enough.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Thanks, but as I said before I want to keep the original covers.
Link Posted: 1/5/2020 1:46:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top