Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2023 9:50:22 AM EDT
I'm going to run my new X95's pretty much 'as is' until I have enough experience w/the platform to determine what (if anything) I want to change besides adding the Manticore buttpad.
Should I decide to upgrade the trigger, research has left me a bit confused as to the best route.

I've read the pricier Super Supra is easy to install and turns a mushy heavy trigger into a light mushy trigger while the less expensive Lightning Bow is more difficult to install and turns a mushy heavy trigger into a crisp heavy trigger.
Some have been happy w/just the Super Supra while others have been happy w/just the Lightning Bow.

Thoughts from X95 owners who've used either or both? Thx!
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I put one of each in two different X95. The bow was real close - close enough that I kicked my cheapskate self. Ended up with 1 X95 that I put both into.

The trigger is easy. YOU MUST PAY ATTENTION TO INSTALLING THE BOW - or you will end up ordering parts from IWI.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 3:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The trigger is easy. YOU MUST PAY ATTENTION TO INSTALLING THE BOW - or you will end up ordering parts from IWI.
View Quote

Any hints as to which step needs attention and which parts to be careful of?
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're familiar with Geissele triggers;

I put the Super Sabra (not Supra) into the SAR first. Felt close to a Geissele SSA.

I added the Lightning Bow later. Feels closer to an SSA-E, with both. Not quite as light/crisp as an SSA-E, but lighter/crisper than an SSA.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 6:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't shot the X95 or a Geissele trigger, but I have a Tavor SAR with a Shooting Sight trigger and I couldn't ask for anything better.  Just another option to consider.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an SAR with Super Sabra and I like it so well I saw no need for the lightning bow.   The trigger packs are simple to swap out by just pushing pins after removing bolt carrier.   You can get the Super Sabra on sale around the holidays, I’d be surprised if they don’t go on sale during Memorial Day sales.
Link Posted: 5/19/2023 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#7]
The standard X95 pack is miles better than the old SAR pack so you are no longer required to upgrade the pack if you don't want to spend the money. If you just upgrade the Bow then you'll have a very good trigger, if you upgrade both you'll have an even better and lighter trigger.

TLDR: IMO, the Bow is a mandatory upgrade, Pack is optional.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 8:07:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I did a lot of research on this when I bought my X95.  Consensus was to just get the Lightning Bow.  Before installing the Lightning Bow the trigger in my X95 felt like it was about 5.5-6lb.  I never measured it on my gauge as I just threw the bow in right away.

With just the Lightning Bow my trigger now breaks at an average of 3.7lb which I did measure on my gauge.  I personally see no need to put the Geissele trigger pack in as that is light enough as is, but YMMV.

And yes like others said BE SURE TO REMOVE THE CHARGING HANDLE BEFORE YOU UNLOCK THE BARREL MECHANISM.  If you do not remove the charging handle first and you unlock the barrel you'll break both the charging handle op rod and gas cylinder.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 10:15:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I put one of each in two different X95. The bow was real close - close enough that I kicked my cheapskate self. Ended up with 1 X95 that I put both into.

View Quote

You mean trying to order out of stock parts from IWI… ??
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 10:27:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have an SAR with Super Sabra and I like it so well I saw no need for the lightning bow.   The trigger packs are simple to swap out by just pushing pins after removing bolt carrier.   You can get the Super Sabra on sale around the holidays, I’d be surprised if they don’t go on sale during Memorial Day sales.
View Quote

I'm the same with my SAR I never tried the bow, I thought just the trigger pack felt great alown.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Any love for the Shooting Sight RPS?: SS RPS
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I haven't shot the X95 or a Geissele trigger, but I have a Tavor SAR with a Shooting Sight trigger and I couldn't ask for anything better.  Just another option to consider.
View Quote

Lol. That reminds me, I need to dig up my Shooting Sight Tav-D, and put it on the EE. I bought both to try, and wound up with the Geissele combo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top