Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2018 7:07:58 PM EDT
Purchased X95 in FEB 2018 & installed a “traditional pistol grip” a couple weeks later. Fast forward to DEC 2018; I notice the handguard is lose...so I tighten the #11 handguard screw. This doesn’t help. I then reinstall the orginal cutlass handguard; this corrects the issue and the handguard is tight. I assumed that I just got a “bad” handguard and placed an order for a new one from IWI. I receive and install the new “traditional pistol grip” and observe that the handguard is tighter but not as snug as with the cutlass grip. It seems as though the “traditional pistol grip” doesn’t apply enough pressure to the handguard to push it backwards to seat it properly...where as the cutlass grip does. Anyone else experienced this?
-Thanks
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 7:10:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:39:14 AM EDT
[#2]
I’m not sure what your photo is showing. If your forearm/handguard is not fully seated/bottomed on the Teflon barrel bushing at the front of the handguard you could have some wobble as it’s not seated against the receiver front/rear of the handguard. When you put the pistol/cutlass grip back on, make sure that tab is in the recess fully and not riding the edge pushing against the handguard. You may want to take off the top rail and try the handguard/grip replacement. If the top rail is not properly seated in the receiver it can ride on the polymer edges. Specifically at the front by the #11 screw you are referring to. Which even though you are tightening the screw, those “wings” are not fully seated.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I found the cutlass grip is a stronger better fit than the pistol grip to the frame. A while back there also was an issue with pistol grips being sl off in size or shape and causing a tiny gap between the trigger guard and front handguard. If you have one of those you can use epoxy to improve the fit. On my x95 I could see the pistol grip flexing sl. due to the gap.

Due to the The way the x95 is put together with a plastic tab that loosely  locks into the rear handguard from the grip I don’t think you are going to have a super solid front handguard like an AR15.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top