Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2020 6:43:04 PM EDT
Just got home with a new X95. Knew it seemed like something was missing in the store but couldn’t remember until I got home. Did your rifle come with a cleaning kit? I watched an unboxing video and it did.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 7:17:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes....standard IWI kit in tan plastic pouch.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, and I saved it for the guy who’s buying the rifle from me too. What kind of ass keeps the cleaning kit?
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes, and I saved it for the guy who’s buying the rifle from me too. What kind of ass keeps the cleaning kit?
View Quote
Kinda how I felt. I called the lgs and they played dumb. I’ll be sending it to IWI for a left handed bolt so I’ll call them Monday regardless and ask them about the kit as well. Manual even says there should be a kit.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:14:10 AM EDT
[#4]
The NIB SAR I got from PSA not long ago didn't come with a cleaning kit, either. The cleaning kits were also sold-out on IWI's website when I tried to obtain one.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 8:04:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Kinda how I felt. I called the lgs and they played dumb. I’ll be sending it to IWI for a left handed bolt so I’ll call them Monday regardless and ask them about the kit as well. Manual even says there should be a kit.
View Quote
Quite a few dealers have been guilty of keeping the cleaning kits
Link Posted: 3/2/2020 6:50:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep. Comes with the cleaning kit, magazine, and 2 QD swivels. Cleaning kit also has the take down tool in it.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Just received an X95 from Gun Pro Deals today and it did not include the cleaning kit.  While searching, I found a post on Reddit that someone called IWI inquiring about it and they stated that they are no longer included with either the X95 or SAR.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Fwiw I threw mine in the trash and went with what I already had

It’s crap
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 2:12:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It’s crap
View Quote
The one piece I do use from the kit that came with my SAR, is the "bottle brush" - the big fat one for brushing out the inside of the receiver.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 8:30:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Just picked up a new X95 3 hours ago, no cleaning kit. It does include the sling swivels and sight tool.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 7:42:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just picked up a new X95 3 hours ago, no cleaning kit. It does include the sling swivels and sight tool.
View Quote
Yeah I spoke with IWI when I requested the LH conversion and was told the kits stopped coming from Israel last year
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Yup....mine did.
Link Posted: 4/10/2020 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It’s crap
View Quote

That was YOUR CHOICE, op wasn't giving one...cause most likely a snake in the shop took it.

They've done the same shit with glock mags.
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 2:39:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That was YOUR CHOICE, op wasn't giving one...cause most likely a snake in the shop took it.

They've done the same shit with glock mags from just about every brand of gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s crap

They've done the same shit with glock mags from just about every brand of gun.

FIFY
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They've done the same shit with glock mags.
View Quote

Yeah, that’s what I was worried about. Don’t like the idea that I’m being screwed over on a relatively expensive firearm.

For what it’s worth though, I sent it in for a LH conversion and spoke to IWI about it. They said the cleaning kits stopped coming over from Israel at some point in 2019 so the guns haven’t been shipping with them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 1:55:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I sent mine to IWI in Harrisburg PA for a LH bolt conversion.  They sent me the full size Tavor tool and all the RH parts too.  Well worth it.  Took about 4 weeks from door to door.
Makes the X95 an great rifle for Southpaws....I love how short and handy it is.  
Mine came with a cleaning kit...I haven't even opened it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I sent mine to IWI in Harrisburg PA for a LH bolt conversion.  They sent me the full size Tavor tool and all the RH parts too.  Well worth it.  Took about 4 weeks from door to door.
Makes the X95 an great rifle for Southpaws....I love how short and handy it is.  
Mine came with a cleaning kit...I haven't even opened it.
View Quote

I sent mine in just before all of this COVID-19 madness started to sort of heat up. I was worried about getting it back and they actually shipped it back two me inside of two weeks from when I sent it out, also with the RH bolt and the wrench. Very pleased as well!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top