Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/3/2018 6:31:22 PM EDT
Bought a X95 recently and I'm trying to disassemble the BCG but having problems. The damn thing seems to be different than any video/tutorial I've watched. The buffer will not "pull back to the rear." The lower rod protrudes about an inch out the buffer (not like a cm in the videos I've seen.) Any ideas?

Also, my bolt has 2 ejectors. Haven't seen this in the videos I've watched. Is this something new?

20180903_151742 by Brian Speight, on Flickr
20180903_151800 by Brian Speight, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The double ejector was a recent change.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 10:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
As in just pulling out the bolt? You just grab the buffer in the back pull it away from the piston/bolt assembly it should go a bit. Then nudge that pin back like you did then you just push out that pin with the h on it from the other side and the bolt and firing pin come out unless the cannukistani ones are different. Do you have the manuel to double check?

The double ejector was a change they added a short while after releasing the x95 on the US market.
Link Posted: 9/3/2018 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies. I've owned a Tavor in the past and was able to disassemble the BCG no problem. This is different. When I pull back on the buffer it won't budge. I can only push it forward (with tension from the recoil spring.) Looking at the manual it says to do what you said... However, for the 300BLK version (mine is 5.56), it says to pull the bolt rotation bar out 1.43" and then use a punch on the guiding pin. Mine comes out about 1.4" but I can't punch out the guiding pin.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 12:14:02 AM EDT
[#4]
A video on youtube of a Canadian tar 21 bcg take down maybe see if that works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdPKv8Y4Zz8&t=55s

There might very well be differences in the BCG assembly because of the ATF reqs for US sales. There is an obvious cosmetic difference between your BCG and both of mine. The US ones have a pair of slots cut behind the piston in the tube that the spring rides in that you can see it plus it has a pin that rides in that slot I think you would drive out to remove the whole thing if you needed to replace the recoil spring VS. at least in that youtube video the Canadian ones the buffer isn't a one piece affair.

If that's not it I dunno.

Edit: Is the guide rod as far back as you can get it? Just looking at that pic again if you can't get the buffer further rearward maybe you can get the guide rod farther back it sure looks like it will go further given the little step in diameter still being exposed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A video on youtube of a Canadian tar 21 bcg take down maybe see if that works?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdPKv8Y4Zz8&t=55s

There might very well be differences in the BCG assembly because of the ATF reqs for US sales. There is an obvious cosmetic difference between your BCG and both of mine. The US ones have a pair of slots cut behind the piston in the tube that the spring rides in that you can see it plus it has a pin that rides in that slot I think you would drive out to remove the whole thing if you needed to replace the recoil spring VS. at least in that youtube video the Canadian ones the buffer isn't a one piece affair.

If that's not it I dunno.

Edit: Is the guide rod as far back as you can get it? Just looking at that pic again if you can't get the buffer further rearward maybe you can get the guide rod farther back it sure looks like it will go further given the little step in diameter still being exposed.
View Quote
Watched the video but it's a different style BCG.

I did notice my piston does not have the "window". I've owned a couple of Tavors in the past and they both had the window. I noticed in my manual that the 5.56 version shows a window but the 300BLK version does not. Strange since my rifle is 5.56.

With some considerable force, I'm able to retract the guide rod a tiny bit more. I'm still not able to remove the bolt guide pin though. So confused
Link Posted: 9/5/2018 2:20:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Pulled out mine last night. On mine, you don't push the rod out the back like in the picture you posted. You grab the buffer, and pop the rod the other direction. Toward the BCG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top