Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2020 10:43:04 PM EDT
This is new at shot-http://www.wraithworks.com/

The web site does not list a price anywhere and little info on it but it may be worth looking at.  I like the mag choice.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:53:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m interested in a Scorpion lower but not an upper. So I’d want to see 556 upper compatibility for CMMG or MEAN’s coming roller lock setup.

There are also a couple styling things I’m not crazy about, but... I could see myself getting a scorpion lower over a Glock lower.

ESP with Magpul making scorpion mags and drums.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 7:11:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m interested in a Scorpion lower but not an upper. So I’d want to see 556 upper compatibility for CMMG or MEAN’s coming roller lock setup.

There are also a couple styling things I’m not crazy about, but... I could see myself getting a scorpion lower over a Glock lower.

ESP with Magpul making scorpion mags and drums.
View Quote
This, but it is still a step in the right direction, unlike the PSA lower I saw.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:35:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This, but it is still a step in the right direction, unlike the PSA lower I saw.
View Quote
What did they screw up?

Also, why is it so damn hard to flare the magwells!? FFS it causes no problems and is a must for competition, yet, tiny little magwells everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Neat, I dont know if these questions can be answered, but will the receivers be sold separately, or only in a complete gun package? And does it use a proprietary BCG?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What did they screw up?

Also, why is it so damn hard to flare the magwells!? FFS it causes no problems and is a must for competition, yet, tiny little magwells everywhere.
View Quote
It's proprietary receiver from the looks of it. Based off the pictures from Facebook, it looks like it uses a fixed ejector and a sliding lever for the bolt catch.

I don't like a huge flared magwells. I don't compete, and the flaring that most companies use on lowers is just enough for me. I might be a minority. I think it can look gaudy.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The magwell is flared on the inside to help guide mags in, I will post a pic when the guns get back in transit from SHOT.

The absurd magwell flare on things like the Sig MPX are for guys who can't hit a urinal at two feet.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Sven, any chance the receiver sets could be sold separately or compatible with the CMMG kit?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sven, any chance the receiver sets could be sold separately or compatible with the CMMG kit?
View Quote
I have the same question, I’d like to see the receivers sold separately. I’d love to build a Scorpion mag 9mm to my preference. I’d buy one right now
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:04:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#11]
The second I saw this, I was instantly interested.

I love the design elements.  Super cool ambi features.

Do we have a price point for this thing yet? EDIT:  Watched the rest of the video.  Sub 1k....color me intrigued.  If it can fall in the neighborhood of the FM9 stuff, that would be amazing.

Also, as mentioned, if this could be made to interface with a modified CMMG bolt kit, that would be the bees knees.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 4:30:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The magwell is flared on the inside to help guide mags in, I will post a pic when the guns get back in transit from SHOT.

The absurd magwell flare on things like the Sig MPX are for guys who can't hit a urinal at two feet.  

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What did they screw up?

Sven
Manticore Arms
lol... I like my MPX, but yes, that bell magwell flare feels a bit like the long gun version of the guys with 1911s that look like they have a lunch plate attached to their magwells.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:57:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I really like this. Did I miss it, When should these be around to buy?
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/31/2020 11:59:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Do companies have to pay royalties to CZ for using their magazine end dimensions or is that even a thing?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Wraithworks plans to have guns ready for purchase and shipping by NRAAM in April.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
I hope they increase their social media presence, shot them a message showing my desire for a receiver set and bolt combo. Hoping this happens. I have all of the other parts on hand to make this build right now. Was planning an mp5 receiver build but holding off bc of the news of Scorpion mag stuff coming.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 2:35:09 AM EDT
[#17]
If it works with the CMMG RDB system I'm definitely interested.

Either the SP9A3, the PSA MP5, or whatever ar15 scorpion mag lower that is compatible with the RDB system; whichever comes out first and works well will get my money.

If it's just a regular blowback, no interest.
Link Posted: 2/6/2020 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#18]
I don't know if I will be able to hold onto my tax refund until April.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#19]
So glad to see this concept coming to market, and I'll agree with the others, in that if it can be made to work with my CMMG RDB setup, I will be ordering a receiver set and rail ASAP.
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 9:39:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone heard anymore about these?
Link Posted: 3/26/2020 10:30:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/21/2020 11:12:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Following. I was dead set on adding a PSA AR-V until I saw the reciever sets.
I need this to add go my Foxtrot and Stribog.
Any interest in making a lower that works with Stribog uppers too? ??
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#23]
I’m wondering if this thing is still even a go/in production. I haven’t seen any updates on social media or mention of it anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 9:18:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I’m wondering if this thing is still even a go/in production. I haven’t seen any updates on social media or mention of it anywhere.
View Quote

Did you bother emailing the company to see if they had anything to say?
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 10:30:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Manticore_Arms:

Yes, it is still going into production.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

Great to hear, I’m still in for wanting a receiver set to build from!

I did try emailing them, enthusiastically waiting a reply.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I’m partial to the EMTAN Scorpion mag lowers.... unfortunately they’ll never be imported from Israel.

Link Posted: 8/20/2020 7:39:44 AM EDT
[#28]
It’s been 4 months since the last update. Any news?
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I’m partial to the EMTAN Scorpion mag lowers.... unfortunately they’ll never be imported from Israel.
https://i.postimg.cc/Yk18W7jB/271-BF192-93-BA-4740-A810-7-A5948720-C3-F.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/xYrt88fP/7-FB9-B428-5-DD3-44-EE-A070-54-FBDC490243.jpg
View Quote

EMTAN pretty much nailed it from the start.  Sucks we can't get them in the US.  I wonder if Quarter Circle 10 is working on a scorpion mag lower, as their aesthetics are more along the lines of the EMTAN 9 than any other company.
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#31]
I like it one of the more interesting cool thing to come along in the past months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top