Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2017 1:44:17 PM EDT
A friend of mines father broke out his Daystate Renegade.

I thought .83moa was good.  Dear Lord, if you don't stack them inside the same hole with this thing, it's the shooters fault.  I have never had a rifle that made me smile like this .22 .25 air rifle. Zero recoil, he had his suppressed and it was quite as fuck.  And hit hard with its 25grain pellets flying at 970fps. You could seriously shoot as many shots as you want through the same hole if you did your part. And that was are 50 yards.  I cook lately believe you could do three sane much further out but the area we were shooting at was limited.

I want one now... but they're like $1800 plus$700 carbon fiber tank to refill off of.  Plus a nice scope and rings,  and suppressor...(not nfa)

P.s. the trigger is electric,  had a bit of take up then like a 1lb break.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 1:55:39 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a goddamn expensive bb gun.
Link Posted: 12/2/2017 5:38:04 PM EDT
[#2]
This is no Daisy Red Ryder friend.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is a goddamn expensive bb gun.
View Quote
Expensive, of course. If you’ve never shot a high end PCP airgun you don’t know what you’re missing!
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]
People that know nothing what they talk about usually make comments like that.

And yet these same people think nothing about dumping $1000 + into a hunk of junk 10/22.

Does not matter what is used to send the projectile down range, when you get to that level you are going to be spending money.

Great thing about air guns is we are getting to the point where the difference between "cheap" and totally expensive is getting very close.

I have a sub $200 pcp that at 50 yards will make a hole small enough you can't poke your little finger through without ripping the paper.....and at 100 will be the size of a golf ball for 10 shots....this really bothers the FX, Daystate guys....and for me that is so much fun.
Link Posted: 12/4/2017 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#5]
I must say that apparently I was wrong, it's not .22, it was a .25 caliber.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Couple of questions.

How many shots do you get per charge and is the pressure adjustable if you want lower velocity shots?

How does it do out to 100 yards?  From my understanding pellets don't do well at longer ranges due to their shape
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 9:59:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Couple of questions.

How many shots do you get per charge and is the pressure adjustable if you want lower velocity shots?

How does it do out to 100 yards?  From my understanding pellets don't do well at longer ranges due to their shape
View Quote
#1 He told me the company claims 55 shots per fill with the .25caliber before velocities start taking a steep dive.

#2 Not sure, only shot it out to 50, BUT seeing less fancy and less powerful .22cal Maurders with a few modifications keeping reasonably tight groups at 100 when there's no wind with heavy for caliber pellets i'd expect it to do very very well at 100. I'm sure I'll get to find out, his father invited me back to shoot it any time I wanted and my friend and I are going to clear a spot on their property to shoot long guns. I'll ask him to get his fathers range finder and verify but I think we can shoot all the way out to 400 yards once there's a few spots cleared with our powder burning rifles. It's next to a tree line too so that will be good to help block wind. Whenever that happens I'm sure I'll try it at 100.

Watch some of Ted's HoldOver videos on youtube, he uses good PCP air rifles and shoots a lot of longer shots but, the one I'm referencing my friends father has, is probably one of the top 5 in the world. Unless i'm mistaken It's 2nd from their top model. Ever since I shot it, I have to have one. The insane repeatable accuracy...and while the buy in is crazy expensive, once you have it the operating cost is dirt cheap. Maybe I'll shoot a crappy cell phone video next time I'm at his place to have something to show.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#8]
@MBUZICHOMA

There is an airgun event held in Arizona called Extreme Benchrest.  This past October, I attended for my fifth year in a row.  The signature match is shot at 75 yards for qualification and at 100 for the finals.  Though the Daystate above was not used to win any placements in the finals, at least one was on the firing line for the finals.

Last Year's winner (the guy who did Ted's Holdover Channel) shot several sub MOA groups at 100 yards before last year's match.  He, however, used an FX Impact in .25 to shoot far and away better than anyone else that year.  This year proved to be quite different for him and a number of other top shooters.

I have not qualified for the finals yet.  But, the guns I've used in the past are really not quite up to the task, not to mention that neither am I.  This next year I hope to do a lot better now that I have a bit better rifle.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
@MBUZICHOMA

There is an airgun event held in Arizona called Extreme Benchrest.  This past October, I attended for my fifth year in a row.  The signature match is shot at 75 yards for qualification and at 100 for the finals.  Though the Daystate above was not used to win any placements in the finals, at least one was on the firing line for the finals.

Last Year's winner (the guy who did Ted's Holdover Channel) shot several sub MOA groups at 100 yards before last year's match.  He, however, used an FX Impact in .25 to shoot far and away better than anyone else that year.  This year proved to be quite different for him and a number of other top shooters.

I have not qualified for the finals yet.  But, the guns I've used in the past are really not quite up to the task, not to mention that neither am I.  This next year I hope to do a lot better now that I have a bit better rifle.
View Quote
You going to use the Streamline next year?
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#10]
@WayneG

Wayne,  that is my plan, unless I come into a windfall that allows me to buy other "better" rifles.  I think the Streamline will do O.K. in the EBR match and in the "American Field Target" match as well.   The disadvantage of the Streamline is that the power level only allows about 745 ft/s with the 33.9 grain JSB King Heavies.  The ideal velocity (as Ted found) is closer to 840 ft/s with these pellets. It can be tuned to do this, but the shot count falls off so one has to fill at least once for the 25 shot card plus sighting shots.  This means that one cannot wait for and then shoot rapidly when the wind is consistent; s/he would likely run out of time while waiting for a second consistent condition.

The "American Field Target" is much like regular Field target, but at a much faster pace and ranges out to 100 yards.  The other differences are that the range to the targets are posted, and it allows rifles up to something like 50 ft-lbs.

I do wish I had a big bore to shoot in that match (200 yards plus two other targets at somewhat random ranges between 150 and 200 yards).  But, big bore bullet launching airguns use a lot more air than a SCUBA tank will allow.  I have no local way to fill an SCBA 4500 psi bottle.  Here again, comes a big expense of the tank and compressor in addition to the rifle.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 9:27:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That looks really awkward to properly mount the rifle.

Is it adjustable?  The scope mount looks a little tall.
View Quote
Everything on that rifle is adjustable, the stock butt plate is both length adjustable as well as can be moved to either side in divided sections as well as a cheek comb and several other adjustments. It was hard for me to shoot his fathers because it had been so tailor adjusted for him to shoot. But I still could hit anything I was shooting at, it got boring after the first 20 shots as in so accurate it was hard to miss! Which was fucking awesome! I'm going to start putting away a few bucks every pay check and eventually I will have one.  I'm sure you can youtube a video of someone shooting one already setup for their own body.
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/7/2017 7:07:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Right on.

I'm not a fan of the mount touching the barrel, but it has worked in the past.

How is the quality of the stock?  How did it feel?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That looks really awkward to properly mount the rifle.

Is it adjustable?  The scope mount looks a little tall.
Everything on that rifle is adjustable, the stock butt plate is both length adjustable as well as can be moved to either side in divided sections as well as a cheek comb and several other adjustments. It was hard for me to shoot his fathers because it had been so tailor adjusted for him to shoot. But I still could hit anything I was shooting at, it got boring after the first 20 shots as in so accurate it was hard to miss! Which was fucking awesome! I'm going to start putting away a few bucks every pay check and eventually I will have one.  I'm sure you can youtube a video of someone shooting one already setup for their own body.
Right on.

I'm not a fan of the mount touching the barrel, but it has worked in the past.

How is the quality of the stock?  How did it feel?
It felt solid if that's what you're asking, nothing on that air rifle felt cheap, weak, flimsy or toy like. It looks weird, but feels solid, I got the impression if it were adjusted to fit me it would be like a glove and shoots amazingly well. The ONLY thing I would change if I could, would be to have them engineer some sort of linkage where you could work the cocking leaver without breaking your firing hand to do so. As it is, you can keep your cheek on the stock and work it, but I just would prefer to be able to work the mechanism without taking my hand off the pistol grip. But, that's something I can definitely life live with. Considering it's A. Accurate as hell, B. A repeater C. a Bullpup and D. very very adjustable. (never seen a stock that adjustable before)
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 4:09:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
@WayneG

Wayne,  that is my plan, unless I come into a windfall that allows me to buy other "better" rifles.  I think the Streamline will do O.K. in the EBR match and in the "American Field Target" match as well.   The disadvantage of the Streamline is that the power level only allows about 745 ft/s with the 33.9 grain JSB King Heavies.  The ideal velocity (as Ted found) is closer to 840 ft/s with these pellets. It can be tuned to do this, but the shot count falls off so one has to fill at least once for the 25 shot card plus sighting shots.  This means that one cannot wait for and then shoot rapidly when the wind is consistent; s/he would likely run out of time while waiting for a second consistent condition.

The "American Field Target" is much like regular Field target, but at a much faster pace and ranges out to 100 yards.  The other differences are that the range to the targets are posted, and it allows rifles up to something like 50 ft-lbs.

I do wish I had a big bore to shoot in that match (200 yards plus two other targets at somewhat random ranges between 150 and 200 yards).  But, big bore bullet launching airguns use a lot more air than a SCUBA tank will allow.  I have no local way to fill an SCBA 4500 psi bottle.  Here again, comes a big expense of the tank and compressor in addition to the rifle.
View Quote
I didn't know about the power level limit on the STREAMLINE.  Pretty rifle, though.  I am still contemplating an IMPACT, Ted's win made an impression on me.  The price is a put off, and the reputation that rifle has is, let's say, spotty.   Thanks for making me smarter on those events.
 ETA- OP, sorry for the hijack.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 8:25:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I didn't know about the power level limit on the STREAMLINE.  Pretty rifle, though.  I am still contemplating an IMPACT, Ted's win made an impression on me.  The price is a put off, and the reputation that rifle has is, let's say, spotty.   Thanks for making me smarter on those events.
View Quote
Don't let the reputation put you off the impact is an excellent air gun.
I have a daystate pulsar oro also.
Both guns are pellet on pellet if I had to choose out the two it would be the impact.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Both guns are pellet on pellet if I had to choose out the two it would be the impact.
View Quote
I'm still looking at it.   I like the IMPACT, just wish the reviews were more...consistent.
Link Posted: 12/11/2017 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hearing a statement like that and knowing the Pulsar is the Cadillac of Daystate... who makes this "impact"  Tell me more?
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 12:13:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Stupid double posting! ARFCOM going on the fritz.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 9:07:31 AM EDT
[#20]
The Impact is made by FX of Sweden.  It is a bulpup design, and has the option of interchangeable barrels.

Among its features, it has an adjustable regulator, adjustable valve limiter, and adjustable transfer ports.  There is even a telescoping shroud/silencer.  With all the adjustments, many (and why there are lots of bad reviews) find that they cannot tune the gun correctly, and often muck it up.  Tuning for a particular pellet, requires more than tuning for the desired velocity.  Keeping track of what you have done to the tune, and what it does on both paper and at the chronograph are essential to getting the thing to work.

However, rarely a bad barrel or some other out-of-spec part makes it through production.  Even a bad FX barrel and somewhat poor tune will produce 2 MOA with ease.  It is squeezing out that sub 1 MOA that folks seem to expect all FX Impacts to do that causes most of the problems.

Ted, and others who have used it to win and place in the Extreme Benchrest, I think, have created these somewhat unrealistic expectations of the rifle.  It is a very good rifle, but those samples that take honors, may be better samples than others off the shelf.  Plus, those who do well, have the patience and record keeping skills to tune the thing well.
Link Posted: 12/12/2017 9:57:40 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The Impact is made by FX of Sweden.  It is a bulpup design, and has the option of interchangeable barrels.

Among its features, it has an adjustable regulator, adjustable valve limiter, and adjustable transfer ports.  There is even a telescoping shroud/silencer.  With all the adjustments, many (and why there are lots of bad reviews) find that they cannot tune the gun correctly, and often muck it up.  Tuning for a particular pellet, requires more than tuning for the desired velocity.  Keeping track of what you have done to the tune, and what it does on both paper and at the chronograph are essential to getting the thing to work.

However, rarely a bad barrel or some other out-of-spec part makes it through production.  Even a bad FX barrel and somewhat poor tune will produce 2 MOA with ease.  It is squeezing out that sub 1 MOA that folks seem to expect all FX Impacts to do that causes most of the problems.

Ted, and others who have used it to win and place in the Extreme Benchrest, I think, have created these somewhat unrealistic expectations of the rifle.  It is a very good rifle, but those samples that take honors, may be better samples than others off the shelf.  Plus, those who do well, have the patience and record keeping skills to tune the thing well.
View Quote
Meh, not into all that, I want to just pick up the rifle, load a pellet it likes and stack them. The Daystate was shooting like well I'm trying to get a picture, from a friend to show because otherwise you wouldn't believe me, but doing it with ease with some FX pellets and quiet as hell with the Hugett (i think that was it) Moderator. So quite you could hear the pellet in flight screaming to the target than that very satisfying THWACK on the steel targets. That accuracy and with the pellet flying at around 970ft/sec (according to him, and I believe it)...YES PLEASE!  I will say I thought they pellets were a bit light for caliber, I think only 24grains or something like that, I honestly expected to read 30 something on the tin. *shrug*

His father shot this, 50 shots without a refill at 25yards
At first it doesn't look impressive, but then think about the fact that it's 48 shots!   When I was only shooting 3-4-5 shot groups they were MUCH MUCH tighter, like 1 hole.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 8:17:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Meh, not into all that, I want to just pick up the rifle, load a pellet it likes and stack them. The Daystate was shooting like well I'm trying to get a picture, from a friend to show because otherwise you wouldn't believe me, but doing it with ease with some FX pellets and quiet as hell with the Hugett (i think that was it) Moderator. So quite you could hear the pellet in flight screaming to the target than that very satisfying THWACK on the steel targets. That accuracy and with the pellet flying at around 970ft/sec (according to him, and I believe it)...YES PLEASE!  I will say I thought they pellets were a bit light for caliber, I think only 24grains or something like that, I honestly expected to read 30 something on the tin. *shrug*

At first it doesn't look impressive, but then think about the fact that it's 48 shots!   When I was only shooting 3-4-5 shot groups they were MUCH MUCH tighter, like 1 hole.
https://i.imgur.com/z9Ya7Zc.png
View Quote
To be honest, you should be getting better grouping at 25 yards, once you find the right pellet it will group alot better, should be able to get them results  30 to 50 yards.
Atb
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

To be honest, you should be getting better grouping at 25 yards, once you find the right pellet it will group alot better, should be able to get them results  30 to 50 yards.
Atb
View Quote
Agreed....that is nothing to wright home about....that is the group out of my $60 Crosman 2100.....take that back the crosman is tighter.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Atb
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/z9Ya7Zc.png
Atb
You're right, and it does. Like I said it will shoot 1 hole groups, but I mean 1 like .30" hole groups not that huge hole. I think when his father shot the 48-50 shot group above it opened up due to tank pressure dropping and human error across so many shots. He said it was the 2nd day he had the rifle so I still think that's pretty good. I'm going to go back to their place in a couple weeks and shoot it some more (his father invited me). But the fact that I could pick off twigs on tree limbs at 25yrards is just "holy crap" to me. And that wasn't really a challenge with this thing. Next time we're going to have a spot ready to shoot further at some small targets I'm making at work. Going to make some simple 2" disk swingers. Maybe make some smaller than that if I can find some smaller disks from the discard bin. I want to see what it does at 100yards.
Link Posted: 12/29/2017 2:52:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You're right, and it does. Like I said it will shoot 1 hole groups, but I mean 1 like .30" hole groups not that huge hole. I think when his father shot the 48-50 shot group above it opened up due to tank pressure dropping and human error across so many shots. He said it was the 2nd day he had the rifle so I still think that's pretty good. I'm going to go back to their place in a couple weeks and shoot it some more (his father invited me). But the fact that I could pick off twigs on tree limbs at 25yrards is just "holy crap" to me. And that wasn't really a challenge with this thing. Next time we're going to have a spot ready to shoot further at some small targets I'm making at work. Going to make some simple 2" disk swingers. Maybe make some smaller than that if I can find some smaller disks from the discard bin. I want to see what it does at 100yards.
View Quote
Hi,

Do you have polo mints in america ? We used to shoot through the holes or shoot the tops off match sticks.
You can always shoot at the back off a .410 shotgun cartridge , empty the load out first tho.
Once its run in it will be deadly.
Atb
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top