Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2019 9:01:44 PM EDT
I'm on backorder for a 10/22 Mannlicher stock.  I like aperture iron sights, but also like the ability to mount an optic without removing my irons if I so desire.  I like the design of the NoDak rear sight with integrated pic-style rail, as the GI tech sight rear does not have a built in rail.  But with the Mannlicher stock, the NoDak front will not work because it encircles the barrel, while the GI tech sight front looks to fit in the factory dovetail.

So will a NoDak rear sight work with a GI Tech front sight, or will it be impossible to zero?

Or does someone have another solution?
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 10:11:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Hello,  you may want to look at the Williams Gun Sight's "Ace in the Hole" sight set for the Ruger 10-22

The Railed Rear Peep Sight, comes with a Fiber Optic Front Sight, that goes into the original Front Sight Dovetail.

https://williamsgunsight.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/70974-3.jpg

2 Plus's:
1- Looks nice, does not interfere with the Front Barrel Band
2- It's only $68.00+ Shipping, direct from Williams

One last Suggestion, Get a Dovetail Blank for the Rear Sight Dovetail on the Barrel.

Good Luck with your project, and don't forget to post some pic's when you have it complete.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 8:30:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Ruger Factory aperture sights  have a rail built into the rear sight.

Ruger 10/22 Factory Aperture Sights

They are harder to adjust than Tech Sights but are great if you want to zero the rifle then leave it alone. Tech Sights also makes rear sights that sit on this factory rail.
Link Posted: 9/26/2019 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ruger Factory aperture sights  have a rail built into the rear sight.

Ruger 10/22 Factory Aperture Sights

They are harder to adjust than Tech Sights but are great if you want to zero the rifle then leave it alone. Tech Sights also makes rear sights that sit on this factory rail.
View Quote
While that looks like it would fit the bill, I'm extremely wary of eBay due to the ratio of Chinese ripoff garbage to legitimate product.

Also I'm a little skeptical that those are all takeoff parts from the Collector series rifles, and Ruger doesn't list that similar set on their website anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/31/2019 12:03:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump for refresh/because my rifle should be on its way to my ordering FFL.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 11:29:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hello,  you may want to look at the Williams Gun Sight's "Ace in the Hole" sight set for the Ruger 10-22

The Railed Rear Peep Sight, comes with a Fiber Optic Front Sight, that goes into the original Front Sight Dovetail.

2 Plus's:
1- Looks nice, does not interfere with the Front Barrel Band
2- It's only $68.00+ Shipping, direct from Williams

One last Suggestion, Get a Dovetail Blank for the Rear Sight Dovetail on the Barrel.

Good Luck with your project, and don't forget to post some pic's when you have it complete.
View Quote
The dovetail blank is a good idea.

These Williams sights look like the ones available on the Ruger website, which is nice but I'm not sure how I feel about the rear aperture or front sight being exposed like that.

Would @HarlanNDS or @mike_NDS have any thoughts on this topic?  I know the NDS website indicates that the rear is OOS currently, so I have a little time to contemplate while my Mannlicher rifle comes in. But the NDS rear catches my eye the most, I just wish the front didn't wrap around the barrel.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/18/2020 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Most of the time you can combine the Tech-Sight front (with the taller post) and the NDS-26 or NDS-13.

I personally think that a lower, more streamline sight set would be more esthetically pleasing on a Mannlicher.
View Quote
Excellent information.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#8]
One of my LGS has a Ruger 10-22 International with Williams Railed Peep Sights, & Williams Red Fibre Front Sight,

and the Barrel DOES NOT have a Slot for the Rear Sight on it.  They are asking $299.00 for it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the nds rear/techsite front combo and it works great on my 10/22.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have the nds rear/techsite front combo and it works great on my 10/22.
View Quote
I just recently ordered the NDS part and TechSight front.  Harlan and Mike at NDS were both great to work with, and checked with each other to make sure about the taller front sight post.

Thanks, all!  Hopefully I'll get some pics once the parts get to where my rifle is & they get installed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 4:40:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I used tech sights and added a shortened rail section so I could QD an optic quickly.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 9:37:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I used tech sights and added a shortened rail section so I could QD an optic quickly.
View Quote
Gotta admit that I thought about this, and then noticed that NoDak makes a purpose built item that has a nice amount of 1913 in front of the rear, and that the NDS rear doesn't leave a gap between the aperture housing and the receiver.

If the NDS option didn't exist, since the "collector" sights don't seem to exist as complete part sets without using eBay (and possibly getting scammed by chinesium), I would do the above, though.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I used the NDS rear/Tech Sights Front combo as well. Used the front half of a two piece weaver mount for the red dot base. Results in a lower 1/3rd-ish co-witness through the Primary Arms Micro.

Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#14]

I'd say it definitely looks okay!  My 'Smith sent me this image earlier, said that the sights seem to "throw up" more naturally.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top