Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2022 7:58:40 PM EDT
Considered selling my x95, considered SBRing it, can't make up my mind.  I was hoping the SBR would reduce the weight a lot more, doesn't seem to do so per IWI's site.  Have a lot of interest in my spare parts kit for the x95 for sure!

Is it that much more handy as an SBR?  Debating on whether the cost is worth it, especially since the flat butt plates are currently unobtanium.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:06:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes….completely changes the feel and balance.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Been considering doing mine but they don't make a odg short fire end and the kit is like 800 plus stamp. Has anyone just cut the factory barrel?
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I would just buy a factory SBR.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would just buy a factory SBR.
View Quote
Why when you can swap the barrel and and Form 1 it?  A Form 4 takes considerably longer.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't like engraving. I'd rather buy a second.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, just looking to Form 1 it.  

According to the IWI site, it's about 3.5 inches shorter, I thought it would be about 4.5 shorter with the normal IDF buttplate, guess not.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 10:47:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I dont think its worth it.

Once you hit 26-27" length savings starts to matter much less; a 8" MP5 is 27".

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#8]
It’s a 16” barrel vs a 13” barrel. And a lot of the guys run the manticore butt pad on the sbr.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 5:44:29 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a factory SBR and really like the compact size.  With eForm 4 the wait for a factory gun is no worse than doing an eForm 1.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I don't like engraving. I'd rather buy a second.
View Quote
I had just the barrel engraved on my MDRX Micron.

If I ever sell it, I'll remove the short barrel and sell it as a regular rifle.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I had just the barrel engraved on my MDRX Micron.

If I ever sell it, I'll remove the short barrel and sell it as a regular rifle.
View Quote

(I admit to not being up on the laws)  Can you engrave just the barrel?
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 4:50:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Can you engrave just the barrel?
View Quote
Yes; that's legal.

Of the required NFA markings, only the s/n must be engraved on the receiver, and it already is, so no problem there.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 10:52:28 PM EDT
[#13]
IMO its the only way to own this platform., 13" barrel, factory thin buttplate.  

Still a touch heavy but balances perfectly on the grip with a can + full magazine + red dot

Go for a 1.93" mount height, it'll feel like lower 1/3 cowitness (1.7"~) on an AR.

Well okay if I was being really honest the 15" current IWI version is probably best, 13" does slightly take away from 5.56 effectiveness. You could also get "close" to that by taking your 16.5" version, swapping the long for a short Handguard, PW the muzzle device, and install thin buttplate.  If you didnt want to put paper on it.
Example
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top