Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2018 8:20:07 PM EDT
Need a good workbench to work on my rifles and build new ones.  Anyone got any recommendations for a good premade workbench that I can put a vise on?  Just bought a house so I don't have an extensive tool collection to build one out of lumbar yet.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Sams sells the Seville brand and they are very nice.  You can get the 4ft adjustable height for $150, 4ft non adjustable height for $140 or the 6ft either adjustable or non adjustable height for $210.

I have a non adjustable 6ft height gladiator that is very nice.  Both brands come with a thick wooden top that you can attach a vise to or bang on without causing much damage.  Sometimes you can find the Gladiator benches on sale for $150-$250 depending on which one you get.  I would recommend a 6ft bench but that's because I like my vise out of the way and more work room when working on long guns.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 5:43:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks will look into those
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 4:40:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sams sells the Seville brand and they are very nice.  You can get the 4ft adjustable height for $150, 4ft non adjustable height for $140 or the 6ft either adjustable or non adjustable height for $210.

I have a non adjustable 6ft height gladiator that is very nice.  Both brands come with a thick wooden top that you can attach a vise to or bang on without causing much damage.  Sometimes you can find the Gladiator benches on sale for $150-$250 depending on which one you get.  I would recommend a 6ft bench but that's because I like my vise out of the way and more work room when working on long guns.
View Quote
I have their 6' variant, added some T track to it to make it more modular, absolutely love the bench.  Would buy again in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 4:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
What about the Harbor freight wood bench? Just bought one to use as loading bench,it's pretty solid! And about $120 when on sale!
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 8:14:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I would vote for the Harbor Freight heavy wood top bench, they have them on sale all of the time and if you get their monthly flyer you can get another 20% off at a minimum, I have one and it is a sturdy bench for not a lot of money.

HF 60" Workbench
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:00:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Gladiator brand bench, 72" I believe. Does everythign it's supposed to very well, which isn't much.

For someone looking to spend less... the Husky ones don't look too bad.

Will say... Ransom mega mats are key.
http://ransomrest.com/home/master-mats-mega-mats/
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
My buddy bought a couple for his machine shop.  They worked out so well he bought four more and a couple matching roller cabinets.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 5:11:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I made mine out of a solid wood table top from Ikea and attached edsal steel legs. Its solid and heavy enough.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:43:16 AM EDT
[#9]
We have Lista at work. Top notch.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#10]
The bench's at sams club are really nice, i've got 4 of them in my shop and they take a ton of abuse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top