Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2020 5:53:05 PM EDT
They posted a little contest on Facebook...wrote my thing and won...very cool. Thanks to BA super friendly and helpful!

Barrel of my choice. Unplanned builds...pressure...panic buyers have everything out of stock...what to do?!

I have one SBR lower that has a 12" Larue Stealth (Ironically I won that barrel as well) on it...little heave but a tack driver. I didn't want a pencil so I can run it hard. I don't suppress yet.

I was thinking 14.5" Hanson with .750 gas journal but Out of stock. Well 12.3" then, out of stock. Now what. don't want a 10.3 so 11.3 or 13.7?

Went with a 13.7"

All my rails are G rails, so going a different route as well...this one with will have an Aero Atlas R-One, A2 Birdcage and either a Steiner P4XI, a Burris MTAC 1-4 or a Burris RT-6 (depends on how I move my glass around).

Currently 16" dd bareled upper has Steiner, 14.7 pinned colt socom has the Burris RT-6, 12" Stealth has a 30mm PA SLX and the MTAC is sitting in the safe. All the LPVO's sit in ADM Recon QD mounts.

Never shot a 13.7 and have no clue what to expect.

I am losing my marbles being stuck at home.

Suggestions, Thoughts, Hopes, Dreams?

OPEN THE RANGES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Does it need to be a specific caliber? You could always do a 300blk, 308, 9mm or whatever else.

Seeing how you’re posting in the SBR forum I’m going to suggest a 12.5” since you didn’t want 10-11”.
Personally I think a 14”+ SBR is pointless and not worth the $200 stamp.

You could also go with a longer, heavier barrel like a 20”.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 6:53:20 PM EDT
[#2]
My favorite BA barrel is a 12.5” 6.5 Grendel with pinned low profile gas block.
Link Posted: 4/23/2020 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does it need to be a specific caliber? You could always do a 300blk, 308, 9mm or whatever else.

Seeing how you’re posting in the SBR forum I’m going to suggest a 12.5” since you didn’t want 10-11”.
Personally I think a 14”+ SBR is pointless and not worth the $200 stamp.

You could also go with a longer, heavier barrel like a 20”.
View Quote

I had a 12" so did the 13.7. I thought about a 20 but I didn't have the funds to build it out the way I would have wanted as we are in the middle of an adoption.

I take my boy over a rifle any day.

Zion Thomas
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I had a 12" so did the 13.7. I thought about a 20 but I didn't have the funds to build it out the way I would have wanted as we are in the middle of an adoption.

I take my boy over a rifle any day.

Zion Thomas
View Quote

Can’t argue with that, I would have don the same.
Congrats to you and your boy.

You could do a long timeframe build for him. Every year for his birthday you could get another component and when he’s old enough (in your opinion) you could build it together.
That allows you to spread the money out over the years and as he gets older he could give input of what he likes such as a color scheme.
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 2:43:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Great idea!

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top