Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/17/2021 11:46:36 PM EDT
What are you all doing to protect yourself from riot control agents and how are you incorporating them into your load out?
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:00:50 AM EDT
[#1]
By not attending a riot
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:03:35 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are civilian, stay at home or in the truck on the way to and from work.

If you are LE, you should have a discount on the Avon FM53.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:43:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By not attending a riot
View Quote

Seems like that’s any gathering of 10+ more people as long as they aren’t BLM/Antifa
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:50:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I saw all the blm protesters wearing 3m half masks with the organic vapor/acid cartridges.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:11:02 AM EDT
[#5]
In for more info.

I'm interested in solutions to filter out crowd control agents, as well as separately being interested in filtration from pandemic type pathogens, as well as separately being interested in filtration of just bad particulate matter, the usual kind of shit that gets kicked up into the air during gun fights, riots, terror attacks, etc.

Link Posted: 1/18/2021 1:22:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
By not attending a riot
View Quote

Not GD.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I saw all the blm protesters wearing 3m half masks with the organic vapor/acid cartridges.
View Quote

That may keep them breathing, but it won't stop CS from getting in their eyes.

I keep one of these P100 filters handy for riot agents and the like. They are lighter and inexpensive. The NBC filters stay sealed in their package. I'm using the M40 series of respirators.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That may keep them breathing, but it won't stop CS from getting in their eyes.

I keep one of these P100 filters handy for riot agents and the like. They are lighter and inexpensive. The NBC filters stay sealed in their package. I'm using the M40 series of respirators.
https://assets.fishersci.com/TFS-Assets/CCG/product-images/F134947~p.eps-650.jpg
View Quote

P100 filters aren't going to stop rlot agents.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 12:04:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Not GD.
View Quote

Wasn't intended to be a snark comment. The best way to avoid getting gassed is to not put yourself in a situation to be gassed.

Attending a protest? Go for it. Exercise your rights. See people being violent (pushing, shoving, throwing things, etc)? Leave. See people destroying property? Leave. See people breaking any law trying to protest? Leave.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 3:58:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Please explain. CS/CN are indeed particulates.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

P100 will stop most commonly used 'riot control' agents. Unless you live in some 3rd world chit hole that considers Sarin-gas or White-phosphorus to be 'riot control' agents...
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:12:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I got a AVON C50 mask.  But a little pissy, because I ordered it through BOTACH and one of my filters is 3 years old, and they won't do anything about it.

What is a cheaper filter that I can use on the C50 mask for OC sprays and that? How much are those Scot filter and will it work for OC spray.  I don't plan on going to any riots, but you never know when they will be brought to you.
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 4:59:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
By not attending a riot
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:37:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What are you all doing to protect yourself from riot control agents and how are you incorporating them into your load out?
View Quote
you can drop $600 on a gas mask and have a bitch of a time finding the right filters or you can spend about $100 on an industrial respirator and it will work just as well. Provided you have a good air/water tight seal on your eye pro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top